TV Series of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander Novels?!

risingdawn

Okay, so I was thinking about the series of books I had read in the past couple of years that weren't finished yet and have even been looking up on Waterstone's certain books that are coming out this year and I remembered the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. Click on her website to find that the next book should be here late fall of this year. But what really got my attention, is that apparently a TV series of the series has been signed?!

Now I am super excited! I absolutely loved these books and would love to see how the TV series compares. Some TV shows are far better than the books but sometimes it just doesn't work out. But I think, with how far technology has developed in the past few years, this could turn out pretty well. Anyone else's opinion?

(I've linked a news article about it and a link to Diana Gabaldon's own blog andher "other projects" section that talks about it!)

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/outlander-tv-series-starz-ron-moore-sony/

http://www.dianagabaldon.com/other-projects/movies-mini-series-and-musicals/minifaq/

Yeah, I've followed that progress on her facebook page, which also, btw, has excerpts from the new book coming out.  Written in My Own Heart's Blood.

She actually had contests to see who readers thought should play the various parts.   I think it'll be on HBO.  Oh well, we don't have tv, so I guess I'll have to wait till the dvd comes out.  /sigh/ :)

Everything ends up on HBO. You could always watch it online?

:D 

I wonder.  I'll have to look into it.  Perhaps stream through Amazon as they show (at least network tv) the day after it airs. 

We follow two series in that manner.  hmmmm