World Book Night 2013

Kell

I've just received notification that I've been selected as a World book Night Giver for the second year running - hurrah! Not only that, but I will be giving away copies of my first choice book - Judge Dredd: The Dark Judges by John Wagner (it's a graphic novel).

Has anyone else been selected as a WBN Giver this year? And if so, which book will you be handing out?

post-3572-0-33166100-1361643843_thumb.jpg

Didn't know there was a World Book Night. Knew there was a World Book Day. Our school really goes for it and gets the lower years to make bookmarks to give out on the day and give out a token to get some books for like a £1 at Waterstones. Never really interested me as the books were also for kids. Didn't know there was really one for adults. Not heard anything about it.

World Book Night is pretty awesome. 20,000 people are selected to hand out 20 books each (it was 24 books each last year), but books are also sent to various institutions to reach people who don't usually read. In total, 1 million books are given out.

Applicants choose from a list of available books, giving their first, second and third choices, and also give details on where they intend to hand out the books, and everyone is told on 23rd February whether or not they have been successful.

I'm SO excited to be chosen again this year. Last year I handed out copies of The Damned United by David Peace. I took them into work and handed them out to customers. I work in a bookies, so I figured a sports-related book might appeal to them. :)

I got my email last night & will be giving away books for the 2nd year in a row as well. I got my first choice last year & this year & this year I will be giving out copies of Alexander McColl Smith's The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency. I'll be going to our local hospital, a local hospice & to the YMCA's Space. Really looking forward to it.

I got my email last night & will be giving away books for the 2nd year in a row as well. I got my first choice last year & this year & this year I will be giving out copies of Alexander McColl Smith's The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency. I'll be going to our local hospital, a local hospice & to the YMCA's Space. Really looking forward to it.

Oh my goodness! Hello Ceinwenn, how are you? :smile:

Great places to hand out your BN books.

Edited by Chrissy