Hello! Just joined today!

JKHolmes

Hello,

My names Jennifer. I'm 21, (and still thinking i'm 19. I don't know why?!), i live in Staffordshire in the West Midlands.

I'm so excited to find a community around books. I think i'm quickly going to get addicted. 

I love reading the likes of Terry Pratchett (he is my god.), Diana Wynne Jones, Joseph Delaney and Eoin Colfer.

I want to branch out and read a wider variety of authors as i tend to stick to a select few.

So if anyone has any recommendations they're greatly of appreciated. I mainly like fantasy, science fiction and horror, but if its worth reading please suggest it!

Nice to meet you.

JKHolmes  :readingtwo: 

Welcome here! Terry Pratchett is one of my favourite authors, and fantasy and science-fiction are two of my favourite genres. I'm sure you'll find some nice recommendations on this forum (you could also make your own topic in the Reading Lists forum). I'd be happy to recommend you something but would need to know more about what kind of fantasy or science-fiction you like best (I'm not big on horror and the only recommendation I could pretty much make is Stephen King, I haven't read many books by other horror authors) (unless you just want me to list my favourites, I could do that too XD). Anyway, I hope you enjoy it here!

Thank you for the nice welcome everyone!

Bobblybear and Cookie - Thank you for the welcome.  :D

Athena - I'm trying to broaden the range of authors i read so i don't mind any suggestions, whatever people think is good.

Chesilbeach - I hope the recommendations come flooding in soon, i'm in need of something new to read! (ps. I am 21, i think i'm 19 and i look about 12! I get ID'd for the funniest things.)

Bree - Thanks and yes I've already seen it and made my presence known. 

:welcomeboard: ...if you love books this is the place to be. Very friendly site and you will find lots of recommendations and  your bookshelf will soon be bursting at the seams :giggle2:

Abit too late for that! Its already bursting at the seams. Haha.

Welcome JK! Everybody here knows what  sf/fantasy author I am going to recommend so I might as well get it out of the way....Jack Vance!  I recommend his Lyonesse trilogy if you are more into fantasy. Lots of magic and romance. Hope you enjoy it here.

Hey Jennifer! I am a bit of a SF and fantasy reader myself, and joined here to broaden my book horizons!

I hope you enjoy your time here :)

Edited by Devi