Cherie Priest - Clock work Century Book order?

shelley.s

Hi All, can anyone tell me what order the Clock work century books by Cherie Priest go in?

Amazon says it goes

Boneshaker

Dreadnought

Clementine

Ganymede

Inexplicables

But on every other site i've looked at it says Clementine is the second and Dreadnought is the 3rd?

If you look at the official website for the books http://theclockworkcentury.com/, the list on the right hand side shows them as:

Boneshaker

Clementine

Dreadnought

Ganymede

Inexplicables

In the FAQ, the author answers the question:

Q: Do I have to read these books in order?

A: Nope, not really.

It’s probably helpful if you read Boneshaker first – but it’s not a deal-breaker. And yes, I’m aware that Clementine is hard to come by these days. You definitely don’t have to read it before reading either of the other two books. It was deliberately written as an independent one-off.

Hope that helps!

Ah great thank you! 

I only ask because i actually read the Inexpliacables first. I ordered it by mistake then realized it was No.5. I actually asked the author (or someone replied to my e-mail that works under her i suspect) and she said you could read them all independently. Whilst you can, after reading Boneshaker i really think that you get so much more out of the books reading them in order. After reading book 5 then book 1 it gave so much more back ground to the characters and quite a few major things i wasn't aware of.

Shes right about Clementine being hard to get hold of, i cant find it anywhere!