Your Book Activity ~ February 2013

Kylie

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure people have asked Goodreads to implement a page count challenge to go along with the number of books, but I doubt they will.

Also, there are shorter books that may take longer to read - because of what they deal with, and how they're written, isn't?

I finished Pompeii by Robert Harris and I thought it was brilliant. I was totally gripped even though I knew what was going to happen!

I have this on my TBR list; looks like it might be time to bump it further up!

So do I! I might have to read it after The Stand.

I finished B is for Burglar by Sue Grafton last night. Today I've started on City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. :)

I've read Grafton's series, up to I think, T is for Trespass.....after that I was a bit worn out with it.  But I really enjoyed it up to there!

I read Pompeii some years ago, and enjoyed it, but really, I loved Harris's books that are about Cicero...He has two out, and supposedly a third will finish off the life of Cicero.  Imperium and Conspirita.  Good stuff.

I've started New York Trilogy by Paul Auster...I read the first of the trilogy about 6 years ago, and just couldn't get into it, verra confusing.  However, nowadays I seem to have more of a handle on Auster. :D  So, here I go, again!

Edited by pontalba

I read Paul Auster's 'New York Trilogy' many years ago. It is a strange one, I hope you enjoy it. :smile:

No reading managed at all this week - but I hope to make up for this today and tomorrow. I just have to decide what book to read..........mmmm

I read Pompeii some years ago, and enjoyed it, but really, I loved Harris's books that are about Cicero...He has two out, and supposedly a third will finish off the life of Cicero.  Imperium and Conspirita.  Good stuff.

I've not read Pompeii yet but the Circero books are fantastic. The last one in the series is meant to be coming out this year and I can't wait for it.

Read some more of Dangerous Liaisons - I absolutely love it! :smile2:

That's great! :) I'll be starting the novel later this month myself, I don't want too long a stretch between finishing the novel and getting into the RC :)

I'm currently reading Donnie Brasco by Joseph D. Pistone, I'm about 80 pages in and it's going good, I think I've got my mojo back :)

I finally finished The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë last night!  Yay!  I thought it was great, but for some reason it took me three weeks to read it! Usually that happens in August, not January/February. 

I bought my daughter the first part of the Hunger Games trilogy - she's not a big reader so I'm hoping she gets on with it.  :)

I have my usual free love attitude towards my books so I'm now reading the last bit of The Last Wish by Andrzej sapkowski which is the prequel of the book (blood of elves) I actually want to read after having had a really trippy dream some months ago where i asked a dwarf if he had it (he didn't) and accidentally burned his library down,  I have had the need to read it ever since but it was no where to be found. (damned predicting dreams) Yes I should stop playing rpgs before I go to bed.  So when i found it I ordered it and it should arrive somewhere this ... month? 

Plan B 3.0 uppdrag:rädda jorden (english title: Mobilization to save civilization) by Lester R Brown which is a rather heavy read really and triggers my "don't tell me what to do, damnit" senses quite often. Even if he has a few good points. I'm clearly not made for non fiction.

Broken Furies by Richard Morgan Third book in the Takeshi Kovach trilogy and disappointing me since the first one (altered carbon) was so incredibly good. Not that it is bad, its just not that great. 

And lastly Skapende handling om ideernas födelse (creating habits; the birth of ideas) by Pirjo Birgerstam Which is boring me to tears. 

Not much to read of 'Me Before You'.....

might be needing tissues soon  I think!

And finished this afternoon.

Edited by Inver