Your Book Activity ~ February 2013

Kylie

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have abandoned my first book of 2013. I really did not like 'The Casual Vacancy' by J.K Rowling, it was dull and disappointing. Now I'm going to try 'Is it Just Me?' (Kindle Version) by Miranda Hart

I am just about to start A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini alongside my long term read of 2666 by Roberto Bolano.

I loved ATSS! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

I've started The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John Le Carre.

I've started to read Tom Raabe - Biblioholism: The Literary Addiction. It's quite interesting so far, a sort of a spoof on self help books while talking about biblioholism (the love of buying books). It's entertaining so far, I've done a test to see how bad I am, and it's really not as bad as I thought, according to the test. The help part comes later, I haven't arrived at that yet.

I loved ATSS! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

I've started The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John Le Carre.

Thanks, I'm about 100 pages in and so far it's been great. I look forward to what you have to say about the Le Carre as I have Smiley's People on my TBR.

Barnaby Rudge by Charles Dickens.

I tried listening to this on audio tape but couldn't get into it . It might have been the reader though, can't remember who it was now . I'll be interested to hear what you think of it  :smile:

I stayed up to finish The Power Of One  Bryce Courtenay last night, great read but quite a big book so i've gone for something lighter for my next book  The Case Of The Gilded Fly  Edmund Crispin  :D 

Finished Treasure Island. I struggled towards the end a bit, but managed to get through it.

Now I have a couple of non-fictions to finish off, then I'm going to make a start on Elizabeth Street by Laurie Fabiano. It's described as a multi-generational saga, that starts in Italy in the 1900's and ends up in New York. Sounds like it'll be a good read.

Went to start Robinson Crusoe and then gave up after 5 pages. I can't read through his writing style. It's just too confusing. So I have started The Farm by Emily McKay. It's a dystopian novel which I really love and so far it's got everything for this type of novel as well as the teenage romance so common within young adult fiction. Also going to be starting the beginning of a Robin Hobb series alongside this. Read the series involving Fitz and now I'm reading the series starting with Shaman's Crossing so we shall see how that goes.

I'm almost done with A Tenderness of Wolves, I've got less than 100 pages. I would of already finished it but due to poor health, it's taken me awhile.

Completed The Woman in Black last night.

Will be starting with The House on Mango Street - a coming-of-age novel of a Latina girl - by Mexican-American writer Sandra Cisneros.

I'm almost never disappointed by YA literature - so am looking forward to enjoying this one.