What's up in February?

Lilywhite

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem with my car again and garage have said should be okay to use but to keep an eye on it until they can fit it in to be fixed, so decided to have a car free weekend. Would catch the bus, but the last two times I've tried to do that, it's been at least 20 minutes late, and on a cold day like this, I really don't want to be standing around on a bus stop for that long! Will have to make do with the local shops, but don't mind too much as I've done nearly all my shopping for this week anyway, and only a visit to the post office is essential.

........ creepiest / spideriest corner

Chrissy you have such a way with words..... :giggle:

Chilly and cold up here, but no snow...hoorah and I have been getting my washing on the line...I'm happy...although not about the large ironing pile that is growing :blush2:

I opened the curtains this morning and ! snow! So we've got quite a bit of snow now.. not really what they predicted a few days ago (they said it would get warmer). My brother and his girlfriend made a snowpuppet (I don't think it's necessarily got a gender so I'm calling it snowpuppet instead of 'snowman'). It's a beautiful sight, all the snow, but unhandy when you have to be in it. It's stopped snowing for the moment but it has snowed for most of the day.

I'm enjoying my weekend but am still feeling tired (admittedly, some of the things I've done didn't help with that, ie. helping to cook something or talking with my family).

Glad you had a great trip, Laura! 

Yesterday I went to a craft show with a friend. 3 floors each packed with booths and people! I managed to get out having only bought a beautiful leather cuff bracelet (with french writing and a gold and black broach on it) and a navy and light yellow bird printed scarf. :D I love my new shinies! 

Good luck on your job, Noll!  Have fun on your trip, June, and welcome back, Laura :D.

My weekend started off on Friday with a root canal at the dentist, yay!  I had the day off though so I could suffer the after effects at home in my PJs.  Saturday I did a bunch of shopping and cooking - I made sugar cookie cutouts with jam and star shapes for our Oscar party here at work today and I also made oodles of hummus for the Oscar party I went to last night.  It was a late one so I'm pretty tired today that's for sure!

It's been really nice here the past couple of days, with none of the white stuff (hallelujah!).  It's sad when one gets excited over temps in the 30's, huh? 

I hope everyone has a lovely week ahead of them :D

Well being at sixth form, my timetable has free periods so I come home during them. I'm home by around 11:30 on Monday/Tuesday, don't leave the house 'til about 12 on Wednesday and Thursday/Friday isn't a biggy. But I can't really change it. I don't know how. And our flat just has really crap insulation so it probably won't make a difference. Might just get into the habit of stealing his jumper more often. :P

XD, well it's always nice to wear a jumper that belongs to your other half, imo. I've nicked my boyfriend's vest/jumper too on occasion. At my house I don't do this much since I have a lot of my own vests but at his house I've borrowed his jumper before.

What do you do during your free periods, do you study?

I never liked having free periods at university (when I still had lectures), since uni is two hours travelling away, there was no point going back, so I was always forced to stay somewhere at uni (there weren't a lot of good study rooms at the time, not sure how it is now). Gladly I didn't have many free periods, they tried to make sure there weren't many.

I usually end up going home first as all my lessons finish at break/lunch or the end of the day so I will go home. If I have exams I will study when I get home or I do my homework. But I don't tend to stay in school for them as I don't see the point staying in all day when I have no lessons left. I don't have any days where I have one lesson finish and don't have another for a few periods. Friday is my only day where I have to stay in for more than one lesson and they're straight before/after lunch.

Congratulations! Have you worked in care before?

I've had work experience in a care home, but I've never had a 'proper' job in care. Or anything at all :P

I'm expecting it to be hard work though.

But I just figured out that I'll probably be on about £250 per week, which is a big jump from £50 per week on job seekers allowance! So I'll be happy to work hard. :)

Congratulations on the job offer AshleighJane. :smile:

I have enjoyed two days off work (had to use up my holiday quota), and am heading on in soon. It's amazing how quickly you can become accustomed to NOT working. :giggle2:  Having said that I have been doing lots of at home working, so I haven't exactky been idle.