Diane Chamberlain

Inver

I have just read my first book by this author 'The Midwife's Confession' and thoroughly enjoyed it's page turning plot. Just my kind of read. I have heard her compared to Jodi Picoult, but I found her a bit gentler read and not quite so intense, as Jodi can be sometimes.

How many others have read any by this author and if you have which ones would you recommend. I will definitelly be reading more. :readingtwo:

I've read The Midwife's Confession, The Good Father and Brass Ring. I may start Breaking The Silence soon (mainly because I'm inspired to read one of her novels soon and it's the next one on the shelf XD). I loved all three of the books, though The Midwife's Confession is my favourite. The other two are really good too. The problem I had with The Good Father in the first few pages was that something happens there (I don't think I'd be spoiling it since it's in the synopsis, but still) that can happen in America but not so easily here where I live (I think it could happen in the UK, I'm not sure). So it was a bit tough for me for the first couple of pages to keep telling myself "it's America, those kinds of things can happen there". Once I got over that though and got more into the story, it was really good. I found it to be a bit more action-oriented than The Midwife's Confession. The Midwife's Confession is more about the past and having the truth come to light whereas in The Good Father you want to know what will happen to the characters, rather than what happened in the past. I thought it was a great read though. Brass Ring is more like The Midwife's Confession in that regard, it's also about the past of the main character and what's the truth. It's of course also about the here and now, and what happens to the main character etc. Hmm I hope I made some sense?

I love Diane she is one of my favourtie authors.

I too have read The Midwifes Confession and Lost Daughter.

Lost Daughter wasn't as good as MWC though in my opinion.

I thoroughly enjoyed MWC and will recommend it to everyone.

I want to read Breaking The Silence next. It's a steal on the kindle at the mo at only £2.99 :D;)

Oooo...thanks everyone. They all sound good. :thankyousigna2: ...note to self though...do not buy anymore books until you read more on your shelf first.... :lol: .

Athena, yes you do make sense and I think I understand what you are saying :smile:

She's been on my 'want to read' list for sometime, but for some reason my library doesn't carry any of her books, nor have I come across any at book sales....not that I have noticed anyway. I'll have to make a point of looking for her books now :)

The only one I've read is Breaking The Silence. I loved it and have added her name to my list of authors to keep an eye out for. I'm pretty sure I have a couple of her other books on my Kindle (or at least on my wishlist), but am trying to get through my real 'oldies' before I read more recent ones.

The only one I've read is Breaking The Silence. I loved it and have added her name to my list of authors to keep an eye out for. I'm pretty sure I have a couple of her other books on my Kindle (or at least on my wishlist), but am trying to get through my real 'oldies' before I read more recent ones.

glad to hear this. This will be the next book of hers I'll read

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Just read another fab read......'Before the Storm'....I will now be sharing this one with Chaliepud, in anticipation of her read it then reading the follow up to it and sending me that one... ;)

• 2 months later...

I'm on to the follow up from 'Before the Storm'....'Secrets She Left Behind'...hoping it will a good follow on...disappointing when they don't meet expectations.

Glad to hear 'The Silent Sister' was enjoyable Athena....probably another to add to the list then.. ;)

• 2 years later...

I absolutely LOVE Diane Chamberlain's books! She is in my top 3 favourite authors. 

The bay at Midnight, The silent Sister, Brass Ring, Fire and Rain a just a few of my favourites, I've read almost all of hers! 

Before the storm and secrets she left behind are great books, especially because of the different view points they are written from, the second book really helps you to understand more about the main characters from the first one. Loved them both! 

I would totally recommend all of her books!!!