Fave Koontz Book?

rainer

What is your favorite Dean koontz book and why?

Its really hard to pick my fave book by him because I love them all but intensity is amazing and although small strange highways really sticks in my mind :) I just love the way he writes and get a real connection with the characters :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lightning is my favourite Koontz novel, and is, in fact, one of my all-time favourite novels full stop. I love his take on time travel and how he very carefully deals with paradox (many authors are more than a little sloppy in that area and it always irks me!), and on top of that it's just a rip-roaring great story with fantastic characters. I must have read it about a dozen times over the years. Which reminds me, I need to get a new copy, as I loaned mine out and never go tit back, and I'm really due a re-read some time soon!

Lightning is my favourite Koontz novel, and is, in fact, one of my all-time favourite novels full stop. I love his take on time travel and how he very carefully deals with paradox (many authors are more than a little sloppy in that area and it always irks me!), and on top of that it's just a rip-roaring great story with fantastic characters. I must have read it about a dozen times over the years. Which reminds me, I need to get a new copy, as I loaned mine out and never go tit back, and I'm really due a re-read some time soon!

It's my favourite, too.  I remember I was reading it when there was a tube strike on, back in the late 80s it must have been, and I had to take a different, longer route to work on a crowded train, and I was just so totally involved in that book that the rubbish journey didn't bother me at all.  It's the only Koontz book that I've kept after reading it.  Must read it again one day :smile: