This forum is great!

Athena

I've been on this forum for a few weeks now, hopefully the following will not come across as too cheesy.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the kind, friendly members of this forum. I'm really enjoying my time here. There are plenty of book recommendations, book reviews, book talk. Some people read the books I read, it's always fun to talk about a book you've both read. The forum is really easy to use, I love this forum software. Before this forum, I was (well, am I guess) a member on two other book forums, also found through Google. I found neither of them to be remotely as much fun or as easy to use as this one (that's why I decided to do yet another Google search XD). I'm really glad I've found this forum and just wanted to give you all a general appreciation (is that even proper English). :hug::friends0:(two emoticons for hugging? Yay!) for all.

If the above was too cheesy, sorry :blush:. I'm just happy to have found some friends with whom I can talk a lot about books.

I'll chime in here ,too . I've been in lots of online groups and this one is a Blue-Ribbon book group. Everyone is friendly and kind .

A great mix of people. It's interesting ,meeting so many people from so many places,who all love books . :)

We all love it here and that's why we stay, it's fantastic .. nowhere else like it :) Special thanks to Michelle and the mods xx who put the hard work in and to all the fm's who make it so friendly (just a word though .. stop spending my money for me! ;):D)

I totally agree. There aren't many forums around that can stay alive in regards to books and reading. I've been on many forums (all general chat really) and even they don't last long. It's nice to get away from the snowglobe of people I'm used to and to find people who share a common interest with me. So I totally agree (again!)

I absolutely agree--this place is so calm and fun and it's awesome to really be able to get into discussing a book and not feel like an outsider or that no one will care about what you have to say. These are the things that have kept me coming back here since 2007, even if I do lurk more than I post... ^^; If it wasn't a good place I wouldn't find myself returning in between the craziness that is my life. Thank you guys for all of the work and love you put into this place! <3

I love this forum too! I can't believe I found it when I did. The power had gone out at my house, and I wanted to read a book but had nothing at hand. I turned on my 3G on my ipad (mobile net), and searched for book forums and signed up then and there, and well... the rest is history!

Now when the power goes out again, I have a tonne of books to read thanks to everyone here! :D

Edited by Devi

Devi

I know what you mean about finding more good ideas for books in here. I spend more time hunting for books that people mention than I do READING them ! I gotta start reading more and buying less. Getting quite an imbalance of books Unread vs books READ .

To those that say they don't post much, you might as well jump in with both feet. It's nice how you can voice your opinion,and others can respond back to you ,and your viewpoint is respected .

We don't all LIKE the same books, but it feels like a good place to voice your opinion without people responding negatively .

Agreed! I am really new to this forum and usually avoid forums as I'm terrible at navigating them or keeping up to date, and some forums out there can be pretty destructive and have some abusive users but everyone on here has been really helpful and friendly already and my reading list of about 10 books has sky rocketed to about 200 since I joined haha.