What are you watching now? - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Baltimore and New England in football (American Football, of course), waiting for San Francisco to take on Seattle.  I am not a big football fan- of any sport, really- but the SF game is a big one and I want to see how these guys can possibly play in snow and freezing temps. 

It's about 45 F (about 7C) here now, but was 26F (-3C? I think) last night.  Brrr. This is California for goodness sake!

Edited by Anna Begins

We're into the 6th season of Inspector Lewis, and loving it! 

Love the fact that.............

Lewis has a girlfriend, Lewis has a girlfriend!!! /in sing-song voice/ Happy Dancing all around!! :D :D

Edited by pontalba

We're into the 6th season of Inspector Lewis, and loving it! 

Love the fact that.............

Lewis has a girlfriend, Lewis has a girlfriend!!! /in sing-song voice/ Happy Dancing all around!! :D :D

Love Lewis ! Did you see Inspector Morse as well ? Or Endeavour ( the Young Morse prequel ) ?. All worth watching. :smile:

I wacthed two eps of Orbit , a science-y show on BBC4, about how the Earth`s orbit affects the weather and tidea. Fascinating stuff. :smile:

I am watching Numb3rs - my new televisual addiction with Rob Morrow (Doctor Fleischman from Northern Exposure) and the excellent David Krumholtz (Mr Universe from Serenity).

They play brothers, one of whom is an FBI agent, and the other a maths genius who is brought in on a regular basis to apply mathematical solutions to FBI cases. Fascinating and entertaining stuff.

Love Lewis ! Did you see Inspector Morse as well ? Or Endeavour ( the Young Morse prequel ) ?. All worth watching. :smile:

I wacthed two eps of Orbit , a science-y show on BBC4, about how the Earth`s orbit affects the weather and tidea. Fascinating stuff. :smile:

Yes!  We've seen the pilot and first season of Endeavour.  Love it. :)  I used to watch Morse when we had a television, but haven't seen all of them.  I do have some old VHS tapes of a season, I believe, of Morse.  Just the other day I priced the entire Morse collection, and it ran about 285. USD.  /gulp/  Sooooo, won't be purchasing that anytime soon.  drat.

I'll be on the lookout for sales though.  The library doesn't have a good selection, and the DVDs are usually a bit tattered.  :(

Just watched the last episode of Ripper Street, which I've now found out has been cancelled by the BBC due to poor ratings, which is a big shame. I don't really see how they can justify cancelling something so well made while continuing to make that absolute trash - Citizen Khan. You can't tell me more people are watching that?! I've had trips to the dentist that are funnier!

Just finished watching 'The Snowman'. I've seen this loads of times, but I will never get bored of it. Such a charming film.

It's beautiful and I never get tired of seeing it either .. always feel just as emotional at the end :blush2: 

It's beautiful and I never get tired of seeing it either .. always feel just as emotional at the end :blush2: 

yes it is emotional :cry: Have you seen 'The Snowman and the Snowdog'? I watched this last year and, although I enjoyed it, it's not as good as the original. I think Channel 4 are repeating it over Christmas.

yes it is emotional :cry: Have you seen 'The Snowman and the Snowdog'? I watched this last year and, although I enjoyed it, it's not as good as the original. I think Channel 4 are repeating it over Christmas.

Yes I watched it again the other day and, like you, enjoyed it but it wasn't anything like as magical. I quite like The Bear which was done a few years ago by them .. again not as magical but it has more of the flavour of the original Snowman than The Snowman and the Snowdog.

Yes I watched it again the other day and, like you, enjoyed it but it wasn't anything like as magical. I quite like The Bear which was done a few years ago by them .. again not as magical but it has more of the flavour of the original Snowman than The Snowman and the Snowdog.

I haven't seen 'The Bear', but if it's a Christmas film, I'm bound to like it. I'm a bit of a sucker for a christmas film! :grinhat:

Just finished watching 'The Snowman'. I've seen this loads of times, but I will never get bored of it. Such a charming film.

was my favourite as a kid, loved the music, my kids love it now 2