What are you watching now? - 2013

Lilywhite

Too many interesting shows - too little time! 

This autumn, I will be watching.....

Revenge s3

Breaking bad s1- (never seen it before)

Orange is the new black

Big Bang Theory s4- (so behind, but catching up)

Homeland s3

Modern family s1- (behind here as well)

Scandal s1- (here as well)

Castle s4- (and of course here too)

Plus a new Swedish shows.

Also going to check out American Horror Story, Covert Affairs, Bates Motel and more to see if they are worth following.

I will also be watching Revenge S3 and Breaking Bad S1 (which I've also never seen before). I also want to check out Orange is the New Black (I only heard about it today, when I was reading about another new critically acclaimed show called Masters of Sex).

I have watched all of the first season of Bates Motel and thought it was awesome! I hope you enjoy it too.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love that show ; I think Ben Miller`s brilliant in it. :D

Have you seen the dvd's [ben Miller] The Worst Week Of My life ? It's a series and there is also The Worst Christmas Of My Life,

which actually had me in hysterics the first time I watched it!So funny. :D 

..... and talking about hysterics [rolling about on the floor funny] has anyone seen the English version of Death At A Funeral [from 2007] There is a USA version later, but that's not great. The English film stars Rupert Graves [apt name!] Kris Marshall, Peter Vaughn, Jane Asher, Peter Egan, Keeley Hawes and othyers that I forget, but it's a truly funny flim.

Have you seen the dvd's [ben Miller] The Worst Week Of My life ? It's a series and there is also The Worst Christmas Of My Life,

Ooh, I haven`t - thanks for the tip. :D

x

Thanks :)! I've added it to my Amazon wishlist, I might have to buy it soon :giggle2:.

Edited by Athena

*cough * Youtube * cough * ;)

x

I firmly believe in supporting the authors / makers of a product. Also on YouTube there's no subtitles and I need those otherwise it's much more tiring watching something. I also like the look of the DVD of my shelf and prefer not to be dependent on a fast steady internet connection to watch something. But it's mainly the first thing. My conscience is very strong (this has to do with my disability) and I feel strongly about this subject. Years ago, when I was in my first few years of university, I didn't mind so much if some of the other students did stuff I didn't approve of, I didn't like it but I didn't feel so strongly about it as I've been doing in the past few years. I don't know why. It's difficult sometimes because I don't know many people who feel as strongly about it as I do. I firmly believe in supporting the makers or authors of a product, if possible. I only buy a used product if the item is unavailable new or if there's a big price difference (ie. books in the charity shop)(I also like the new-ness). Most of my DVDs, Blu-rays, video games and books were all new when I bought them.

x

I firmly believe in supporting the authors / makers of a product. Also on YouTube there's no subtitles and I need those otherwise it's much more tiring watching something. I also like the look of the DVD of my shelf and prefer not to be dependent on a fast steady internet connection to watch something. But it's mainly the first thing. My conscience is very strong (this has to do with my disability) and I feel strongly about this subject. Years ago, when I was in my first few years of university, I didn't mind so much if some of the other students did stuff I didn't approve of, I didn't like it but I didn't feel so strongly about it as I've been doing in the past few years. I don't know why. It's difficult sometimes because I don't know many people who feel as strongly about it as I do. I firmly believe in supporting the makers or authors of a product, if possible. I only buy a used product if the item is unavailable new or if there's a big price difference (ie. books in the charity shop)(I also like the new-ness). Most of my DVDs, Blu-rays, video games and books were all new when I bought them.

I tend to try things out on YouTube, to see if I like them, before going on and buying them. :smile: Having said that, I have watched things, gone to try and buy them, and then decided it was far too expensive. :blush2:  I`d never try to get a pirated copy of a book though.

Just about to go and watch BBC classic Miss Marple, on BBC 4 at 7.00. Then Downton Abbey at 9.00. A whole evening of genteel British old-time drama. Feeling warm and cosy just to think about it :smile2:

Just turned on for the repeat of Great British Bake Off, but I'm really only killing time until the Strictly results programme. :D

The Great British Bake Off? That sounds interesting, what's that about?

It's a baking competition - amateur bakers are set three themed challenges each week, a signature bake (one of their own tried and tested recipes), a technical bake (where the judges set them a blind baking challenge of an advanced recipe, and using their own baking experience they have to produce the best result they can) and a show stopper bake, which has to be something spectacular to impress the judges.  The themes might be bread, pastry, cake, etc.  Each week one of the bakers is eliminated from the competition until only three bakers remain for the final week, and they compete to become the series champion.

It's a baking competition - amateur bakers are set three themed challenges each week, a signature bake (one of their own tried and tested recipes), a technical bake (where the judges set them a blind baking challenge of an advanced recipe, and using their own baking experience they have to produce the best result they can) and a show stopper bake, which has to be something spectacular to impress the judges.  The themes might be bread, pastry, cake, etc.  Each week one of the bakers is eliminated from the competition until only three bakers remain for the final week, and they compete to become the series champion.

That's cool

Just about to go and watch BBC classic Miss Marple, on BBC 4 at 7.00. Then Downton Abbey at 9.00. A whole evening of genteel British old-time drama. Feeling warm and cosy just to think about it :smile2:

Sounds nice! :smile: Which classic Miss Marple? The adaptations starring Joan Hickson?

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Sounds nice! :smile: Which classic Miss Marple? The adaptations starring Joan Hickson?

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Hi cuppycakes. Thanks, I'm enjoying the forums :smile: .Welcome to you, as you are a new member, like me.

Yes, it was 'The Body in the Library', with Joan Hickson as Miss M. She is my favourite actress for Marple. I cringe watching recent Miss Marples, as none of them come anywhere near as good actor as Marple, IMHO.

I think the series was filmed in the mid 80s, so it was great to watch and spot younger actors/actress who are more well known now. I think I spotted Trudie Styler - Mrs Sting as she is more known to us now - having a role!

It was very nostalgic, to watch it again :D

With all the hype surrounding the series finale of Breaking Bad, I figured I would finally start watching the show. I started from the beginning (of course) and have watched most of season 2. It is indeed an excellent show. I like the scenes between Walter and Jesse the most - especially when they stuff up or something goes wrong. :D It's nowhere near as dark as I thought it would be.