What are you watching now? - 2013

Lilywhite

Peaky Blinders is okay, I enjoyed the 2nd episode more than the first.

I'm watching By Any Means now Keith Allen is playing a villain again. 1/6

It's a police unit doing Hustle to catch criminals. It was okay.

Edited by dex

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That show sounds really nice, I've never seen it to be honest (it might not ever have been shown here).

I've been watching some episodes of the first season of Death in Paradise. I saw this on TV a while ago and really liked it so I bought the DVD (and recently I discovered that there was a season two and so bought the DVD of it). I'm now rewatching the episodes of season one and after that plan on watching the second two episodes. I hadn't actually seen the very first episode yet, so it was great to see it. I don't know if this series is well known or not (maybe in the UK? Since it's made by the BBC), but I like it. It's a detective series of a British detective and his team on Saint-Marie. I love how the actors of the show are of a variety of races and skin colours. I love how the murders are cleverly (in my view) set up and work out.

I'm not actually sure if it was made for children or not, maybe "family viewing" would be more appropriate. It ran late 70s / early 80s and was about a homeless/ownerless dog who seemed to drift around from one town to the next, helping those in need. Perfect viewing for dog lovers :)

Ah, yes, I do remember it now, I think my children may have watched it. What a lovely idea, a dog drifter who helps people, if only eh?

That show sounds really nice, I've never seen it to be honest (it might not ever have been shown here).

I've been watching some episodes of the first season of Death in Paradise. I saw this on TV a while ago and really liked it so I bought the DVD (and recently I discovered that there was a season two and so bought the DVD of it). I'm now rewatching the episodes of season one and after that plan on watching the second two episodes. I hadn't actually seen the very first episode yet, so it was great to see it. I don't know if this series is well known or not (maybe in the UK? Since it's made by the BBC), but I like it. It's a detective series of a British detective and his team on Saint-Marie. I love how the actors of the show are of a variety of races and skin colours. I love how the murders are cleverly (in my view) set up and work out.

Yes Athena, this is very popular here too, I like it very much. :smile:

Peaky Blinders is okay, I enjoyed the 2nd episode more than the first.

I'm watching By Any Means now Keith Allen is playing a villain again. 1/6

It's a police unit doing Hustle to catch criminals. It was okay.

I thought Peaky Blinders was great!

I agree with you about By Any Means - it wanted to be Hustle, but couldn't seem to decide if it wanted to be funny or not. Very starnge, but I imagine I'll stick with it for now - if only to try spotting all the places in Birmingham they've filmed at!

I am watching the first few programmes [which I recorded] of Orphan Black on BBC 3. Surprised myself that I like it, as my 'bugbear' with American tv is that nobody speaks as they would if terrible or bizarre things happen, but in this they do , and you can empathise with the characters, yet it's done with some humour too and a light touch. I shall keep on watching the rest of the series.

Did anyone else enjoy watching 'The Returned' the French tv series?Subtitles don't worry me, and I thought it was excellent and can't wait for the next series.

x

I haven't heard of this particular show I'm afraid, just wanted to add that I watch most things, where it's possible, with subtitles. It's so I know what they're going to say, before they say it, so I don't have to pay attention and process things every millisecond. It allows my brain to be in a more relaxed state. For me it's hard to understand why people would have problems with subtitles. Sure, if they're in a language you don't understand, that'd bother me as I'd keep trying to read it and understand, but if they're in a language you do understand (ie. English for English people), I don't see why it'd be a bother really, if someone else wants them to be on. Anyway, that's just me. I need subtitles to make things less tiring.

Just watched the first episode of Atlantis, it is what it is......... good, family entertainment for early Sat evening viewing.Having said that, I shall probably watch and enjoy the whole series, it's reasonably well acted and has some humour.

We watched a few episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent last night. 

I guess next is Burn Notice, we have the season on Amazon instant video.....it's their last season. Phooey

Love that show ; I think Ben Miller`s brilliant in it. :D

I am watching the first few programmes [which I recorded] of Orphan Black on BBC 3. Surprised myself that I like it, as my 'bugbear' with American tv is that nobody speaks as they would if terrible or bizarre things happen, but in this they do , and you can empathise with the characters, yet it's done with some humour too and a light touch. I shall keep on watching the rest of the series.

Me too ; it`s much funnier than the trailers suggested. :smile:

Oh, and I also loved The Returned. :D 

Too many interesting shows - too little time! 

This autumn, I will be watching.....

Revenge s3

Breaking bad s1- (never seen it before)

Orange is the new black

Big Bang Theory s4- (so behind, but catching up)

Homeland s3

Modern family s1- (behind here as well)

Scandal s1- (here as well)

Castle s4- (and of course here too)

Plus a new Swedish shows.

Also going to check out American Horror Story, Covert Affairs, Bates Motel and more to see if they are worth following.

Little Pixie, on 01 Oct 2013 - 18:52, said:

Love that show ; I think Ben Miller`s brilliant in it. :D

x

I agree! He plays the character so well, I really like him. I finished watching season one. I have the season two DVD and might soon start to watch it, I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by Athena