What are you watching now? - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching Jack Dex, racing his formula ford around rockingham on the tv. 11th out of 12 swb motorsport. The winner was a yorkshireman. harrumph.

Edited by dex

That looks funny, but I thought it might be a bit depressing - the kids in the trailers don't seem the sharpest knives in the drawer!

There's definitely a fair amount of blunt cutlery there but there are also a few gems, I'm hoping they start to focus a little more on the positives as the show goes on. :)

There's definitely a fair amount of blunt cutlery there but there are also a few gems, I'm hoping they start to focus a little more on the positives as the show goes on. :)

ha ha - i hope so!  The teachers look to be more than a match for the pupils, from what little I've seen

How are you liking Peaky Blinders Dex?Only watched half of the first one, thought it was a western instead of Birmingham after the First World War, but maybe it got better? I'm watching Orphan Black which seems quite interesting, and Educating Yorkshire[ and often not being able to educate them!]

A few days ago we saw Top Gear, they're showing "new" (for the Netherlands) episodes here. It was quite good, they were driving through Spain. I did find it shocking to see the effects of the crisis there. The episode had some funny moments, I liked that.

Just finished watching the 25th anniversary concert of Les Miserables :) Excellent .. you can't help comparing the cast with their film counterparts (apart from Samantha Barks who was in both) and some were better (as in singing) which you would expect but some were not as good. Eddie Redmayne in particular did a much better job of Marius (I thought) than Nick Jonas who was just too 'boyband' and seemed way out of his depth .. Norm Lewis however absolutely stormed it as Inspector Javert (far more presence than Russell Crowe even though the acting here was limited) and I think Matt Lucas did a better job than Sacha Baron Cohen (I liked Sacha in the role too though). Alfie Boe is a brilliant singer and lovely but he's not Hugh Jackman :blush2: Perhaps a hybrid of the two would be perfect. I didn't really care for either of the Cosette's but Fantine was more affecting in Anne Hathaway's hands. Sam Barks was perfect .. as usual.

Some previous cast members .. such as Michael Ball and Colm Wilkinson .. came on for an encore .. very moving seeing them all sing together.