What are you watching now? - 2013

Lilywhite

What's on your TV right now? Is it your choice, or would you rather be watching something else?

Currently in my house it's some strange film about an exorcism that is trying to come across as a real life documentary. Not my choice as I'd rather be watching, pretty much anything else. However, it does mean I can devote some time to browsing the forum, uninterrupted :D

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The X-Files. Do do do do dooo dooooooo!

Very nice! I've seen most episodes but I haven't seen most of season 3 and 4. I've got most of the DVDs but haven't gotten around to watching it, not been in the mood lately.

The Big Bang Theory
I love Big Bang Theory! It's my favourite new show that's currently being shown here.

I don't watch a lot of TV to be honest. Still got a lot of things recorded that I'm slowly catching up on, as well as watching DVDs.

Janet's photos from yesterday have convinced me it must be time for a repeat viewing of Pride and Prejudice!
Enjoy :). I still need to watch it :o, haven't decided if I should read the book first or see the movie first. Any recommendation?

Thanks :), good to know. I'll have to see if the BBC series is available on DVD, it sounds great!

EDIT: Hmm it is :D, I'll probably buy it sometime XD.

Like chesilbeach has already hinted (well maybe not, she might have loved the movie!), forget about the movie and watch the BBC miniseries! I promise you'll love it :giggle:

^ I didn't know he had done anything other than Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

I didn't either, but apparently this one's from 2007. I only happened to catch it from half way through, and the part I was watching wasn't serious but general conversation. It got a whole lot more serious after that, I wasn't laughing anymore. A lot of food for thought!

Like chesilbeach has already hinted (well maybe not, she might have loved the movie!), forget about the movie and watch the BBC miniseries! I promise you'll love it :giggle:

I don't think I've managed to watch more than about 10 minutes of that dreadful Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen film version. :irked: DEFINITELY watch either the BBC series, or try the Laurence Olivier and Greer Garson version from 1940 - it's not as faithful an adaptation, but it was the first version I ever saw when I was young, and I still have huge affection for it. :smile2:

I don't think I've managed to watch more than about 10 minutes of that dreadful Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen film version. :irked: DEFINITELY watch either the BBC series, or try the Laurence Olivier and Greer Garson version from 1940 - it's not as faithful an adaptation, but it was the first version I ever saw when I was young, and I still have huge affection for it. :smile2:

I watched the whole movie but didn't enjoy it at all. I personally dislike Keira, why does she have to be on everything! :(

I tried watching the 1940 movie some years ago, but I was so used to Elizabeth having dark hair and Jane having fair hair (BBC is to blame :giggle:) that I kept getting confused who was who and couldn't finish it :D

Edit: Almost forgot: I'm watching Come Dine with Me, the Swedish edition (which is the best there is).