The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched 4 films yesterday. Paranormal Activity 2, 3 & 4 and Salt. I can safely say that I can probably stitch a pillow together from scratch now after hiding behind it during the scary scenes of Paranormal Activity. Don't get me wrong, they're quite good, buuuut... Kinda scary!

Better than the Sweeney, less daft action than the Statham film and I think the same applies to this as other recent films, Action scenes don't work on me anymore.

The Help, based on the novel by Kathryn Stockett.   A tremendous film about black domestic labour in the USA  a few decades ago.

The book is excellent too, Itsme.

I watched The Hobbit tonight on TV.

What did you think Muggles?

The book is excellent too, Itsme.

What did you think Muggles?

I thought it was pretty good.  I really like Baggins character. Some of the dwarves are also good. The scenes in the mountains when fightning the Orcs were amazing.

Mr. Hobbs!! That's right! Thanks, Ruth ;) Yeah I love a lot of old movies too :D.

I watched The Master last night and oh, man. there's a movie I would never watch again. It's funny because I normally love PT Anderson's films, but honestly, this one went no where and made absolutely no sense to me. Loved Phoenix's acting, however it didn't seem like much of a stretch for Hoffman.

For the life of me I could not grasp and hang onto the point of the movie, which bothers me. I thought I might find any positive reviews of it and see if someone else saw something in it that I didn't. For now though I'll consider it a wasted evening :(.

You're welcome :) I didn't want to come across like I was telling you off! (Hope it didn't seem like that.)

Shame about The Master - I had high hopes for it, but a few people have said the same as you. Not sure I'll bother seeing it now.

Edited by Ruth

You're welcome :) I didn't want to come across like I was telling you off! (Hope it didn't seem like that.)

Shame about The Master - I had high hopes for it, but a few people have said the same as you. Not sure I'll bother seeing it now.

Did you see my take on The Master above? :) 

I'd see it again.

Watched Zodiac for the first time last night and thought it was excellent, really up my street.

Need to watch more of Fincher's stuff, still hasn't managed to disappoint me..

Did you see my take on The Master above? :) 

I'd see it again.

Hmm, well I do like Joaquin Phoenix....:) Which reminds me, I watched Walk The Line the other day. Phoenix was so great in that - and the music is great too (I love Johnny Cash).

I also watched The Moon Is Blue, with William Holden *swoon*) and David Niven. Two wonderful actors in a really sparkly, funny comedy. It was considered very risqué for its time, although it's very tame by today's standards. Still a great film though.

Watched Hunger Games and 28 Days Later earlier. Seen Hunger Games before, was really for my Mum who hadn't seen it. And we watched a scary film as that seems to be the norm on a Sunday now.

Watched Adventureland with the awful Kristen Steward and Jesse Eisenberg from The Social Network. Was okay, pretty funny at times..

Edited by Ben