The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

I saw this at the cinema, not having seen the first one as I was lucky that Robbie went with a friend to that one.. I don't really get these sorts or films. I find them far too noisy, and there is always far too much silly shouting and squealing (I can get that at home for free!) :o:D

I much prefer the Pixar films, Monsters University was one of my favourite cinema visits of 2013. :D

Yes .. very noisy and ridiculously over the top .. I thought the first one was more subtle. This had more than a whiff of 'we know it's popular .. let's bang out some more'  :roll2: I haven't seen Monsters University but loved Monsters Inc :D  

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes .. very noisy and ridiculously over the top .. I thought the first one was more subtle. This had more than a whiff of 'we know it's popular .. let's bang out some more' :roll2: I haven't seen Monsters University but loved Monsters Inc :D

Monsters University is a definite must see then. I'd even watch it twice and I normally only say that if Hugh Jackman is in it! :D

I've not seen Django yet, I want to watch it but I fear it may be to violent for me! (Insert hiding under chair icon here!)

I Liked it, thought it was good, but then I am a Quentin Tarantino fan.  If you don't like violence, it may be too much for you.

Just got home from watching Catching Fire with my 12 year old daughter. We both thoroughly enjoyed it, more than the first film. Looking forward to the final instalment next year! :)

x

Sounds good :)!

Despicable Me 2 in 3D ... bit disappointed .. didn't think it was as good as the original. Not much of a storyline .. do love those minions though :D 

x

I agree! 

I still haven't got around to watching Monsters University, I really enjoyed Monsters Inc as well.

x

I quite liked Monsters University. The only thing that bothered me a little bit was that it was very Americanised. University life here in the Netherlands is different. Once I got over that and accepted it though, I really enjoyed the film. I look forward to see it again soon, I just gave my boyfriend the Blu-ray for his birthday.

Yesterday we watched Pacific Rim. I quite liked it when I saw it in the cinema, and it was great to see it again (on Blu-ray).

I Liked it, thought it was good, but then I am a Quentin Tarantino fan.  If you don't like violence, it may be too much for you.

I have watch Django twice thoroughly enjoyed it both times. Loved all the little things he put into the movie. Thought the scene with the kkk was so over the top and ridiculous and so truly shows how stupid they were that one has to laugh at them.

Just in from seeing The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.  I'm not into fantasy, but I liked Lord of the Rings and all.  This one was relly good- my favorite so far.

I have watch Django twice thoroughly enjoyed it both times. Loved all the little things he put into the movie. Thought the scene with the kkk was so over the top and ridiculous and so truly shows how stupid they were that one has to laugh at them.

I love his soundtracks!

Man of Steel

I didn't think it was that bad. 

It was certainly a lot better than Superman Returns and I quite liked it's take on the mythology (there were a lot of nods to the comic books and even series like Smallville - at least I think, in the case of the latter!).

There was the standard amount of city carnage you see in the cinema these days, but ask yourself, if Richard Donner could have had Chris Revees and Terrance Stamp knock the stuffing out of a city at the same time as each other, he would have done, wouldn't he?

There was the standard amount of city carnage you see in the cinema these days, but ask yourself, if Richard Donner could have had Chris Revees and Terrance Stamp knock the stuffing out of a city at the same time as each other, he would have done, wouldn't he?

No.

I haven't actually watched the Man of Steel, (and I many very well give it a miss as the trailer didn't appeal), but may I ask what happened to Supermans suit?

Movies I have watched recently:

The Adventures of TinTin- I really injoyed this movie, I have always loved these crazy adventure movies ever since I saw my first Indiana Jones movie.

Cloud Atlas- this was another good movie. I was pleasantly surprised at the death that was in this movie.

Thin Ice- I have the feeling that this movie is going to be a favorite from now on.

I saw Ender's Game the other day. I finished reading the book a couple of days beforehand, so it was still fresh in my mind. It was pretty good, as book adaptations go. :)

The Importance of Being Earnest (the Colin Firth/Rupert Everett version).  Loved it :)

Also watched the mini-series of Emma, with Romola Garai as Emma and Jonny Lee Miller as Mr Knightly.  Can't find words to express how much I enjoyed this.  It was a perfect adaptation, and I adored Miller as Mr Knightly.

I watched 'The Sound of Music' yesterday afternoon. It's one of my favourite films and it's a must for New Year's Day. I doubt anyone in my house appreciated my singing though....but it has to be done with this film :D

I watched 'The Sound of Music' yesterday afternoon. It's one of my favourite films and it's a must for New Year's Day. I doubt anyone in my house appreciated my singing though....but it has to be done with this film :D

So true! The sound of music is one of those movies that you can't watch without singing along :) :)