The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Breakfast at Tiffany's for the squillionth time. I hate the bit where the cat gets chucked out in the rain :( .. poor cat. Love everything else about it (apart from Mickey Rooney's parody of an asian man which sets my cringe gland off).

Just watched Breakfast at Tiffany's for the squillionth time. I hate the bit where the cat gets chucked out in the rain :( .. poor cat. Love everything else about it (apart from Mickey Rooney's parody of an asian man which sets my cringe gland off).

Ohh I love that movie. I still have a lump in my throat when Audrey sings Moon River at the window even if I see that film a hundred times already.

Yesterday evening I went to a celtic festival (one of the most wonderful event they made here) and I watched Rob Roy when I got home just to keep the celtic atmosphere alive.

I'm glad to hear you like the film (aside from the cat bit). It's one of the films I plan to watch somewhere during the summer.

Oh watch it soon Athena .. you'll love it (I hope :blush2:)

Ohh I love that movie. I still have a lump in my throat when Audrey sings Moon River at the window even if I see that film a hundred times already.

Yes me too Eleonora, in fact I found it more tear jerky than ever yesterday and yet I've seen it so many times. I keep meaning to catch it on the big screen .. they put it on fairly regularly .. but I haven't managed to so far. Moon River has been covered by all the greats and yet Audrey's version was the favourite of Henry Mancini (the song's composer) .. oh I'll have to stop .. I'm gushing about Audrey again :blush2:   

I started watching The Black Dahlia, having recently read the book, but I had to give up after about half an hour cos it was so bad in comparison.

I bought this on DVD ages ago as it was so cheap, but I've never bothered to watch it as I haven't heard a single positive thing about it!

I saw Up! yesterday. While I don't think it's the best Pixar film (not sure though which one I consider the best), I liked it a lot (I saw it once or twice before).

I loved Up! Loved the story and of course Doug The Dog. :D

Last film I watched was Jack The Giant Slayer. It was a lot better than I thought it would be, and Ewan McGregor looks quite nice in it!

I loved Up! Loved the story and of course Doug The Dog. :D

Squirrel! :giggle2:

I'm a big fan of Pixar's movies.  Up isn't my favourite, but the montage at the start of the film is possibly the best thing they've ever done, imo.  I can't think of many live action films that capture that many emotions so perfectly, let alone an animated one :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh7kVYYBNyk

Edited by Karsa Orlong

Squirrel! :giggle2:

I'm a big fan of Pixar's movies.  Up isn't my favourite, but the montage at the start of the film is possibly the best thing they've ever done, imo.  I can't think of many live action films that capture that many emotions so perfectly, let alone an animated one :smile:

My favourite moment also! Though I would say that Up is my favourite pixar film with Wall-e being a close second.

I'm just about to watch The World's End.

Slow start, When it's funny it is Funny. Nick Frost's fights are great. It's at least 20 mins too long on the start.

Edited by dex