The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I watched Hope Springs, I hadn't actually heard a lot about this film, but read the synopsis in the Film1 TV guide and it sounded good so we all watched it. It features Meryl Streep, Tommy Lee Jones and Steve Carell. It's about a couple (Streep and Jones) who've been married for 30+ years but whose marriage isn't doing well. To try and fix it, they go into intensive relationship therapy for a week, with a famous therapist (Carell). The film was nice, I thought the actors were doing a great job! I really like Steve Carell and Meryl Streep (I don't know Tommy Lee Jones that well, I haven't seen him that often before that I remember), they both played their parts so well (I especially liked Carell, he was very convincing as a therapist!). This film is a romantic comedy.

I have to watch this :) Not only because Steve Carell is in it, but because Meryl Streep is one of the best actors every :)

I saw Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted. I liked it but not as much as the previous two films. At times I felt it was too over the top and too stereotypical (ie. vs. the French). It was still good entertainment though, I did enjoy watching it. I just felt it could've been better.

That's great to hear! I hope to see it too sometime. I'm hoping to go to the cinema once or several times once I'm done with university. There are a few films that I think might be nice to watch.

I have decided NOT to watch World War Z. After watching the trailer several times it looks like too much of the CGI that I hate, the zombies moving much too fast and just ...really naff. Also can't put my finger on it but Brad Pitt just looks wrong somehow...even my kids have said the same thing.

Warm Bodies: rented it out after liking the look of the trailer, and liked it more than I thought I would. I mean, a few bits at the beginning were quite gory: guts, brains, ergh... and the like, but it gets going after a short bit. It's really funny and sweet. Very enjoyable, fun film.

Warm Bodies: rented it out after liking the look of the trailer, and liked it more than I thought I would. I mean, a few bits at the beginning were quite gory: guts, brains, ergh... and the like, but it gets going after a short bit. It's really funny and sweet. Very enjoyable, fun film.

I found it interesting looking at Warm Bodies in context of the whole evolution of the movie zombie over the last 50 years.....like in Land Of The Dead they started developing rudimentary thoughts again...and in Warm Bodies they are capable of becoming fully human again. 

I found it interesting looking at Warm Bodies in context of the whole evolution of the movie zombie over the last 50 years.....like in Land Of The Dead they started developing rudimentary thoughts again...and in Warm Bodies they are capable of becoming fully human again. 

That's right. I'm not a fan of horror really, but things like Warm Bodies, etc, where the storyline is more, humour - based, fun; not like full-on, pyschological/ ghosty type stuff. If that makes sense.

Yesterday I watched Hope Springs, I hadn't actually heard a lot about this film, but read the synopsis in the Film1 TV guide and it sounded good so we all watched it. It features Meryl Streep, Tommy Lee Jones and Steve Carell. It's about a couple (Streep and Jones) who've been married for 30+ years but whose marriage isn't doing well. To try and fix it, they go into intensive relationship therapy for a week, with a famous therapist (Carell). The film was nice, I thought the actors were doing a great job! I really like Steve Carell and Meryl Streep (I don't know Tommy Lee Jones that well, I haven't seen him that often before that I remember), they both played their parts so well (I especially liked Carell, he was very convincing as a therapist!). This film is a romantic comedy.

We loved it.  All the actors were wonderful. 

Athena, Tommy Lee Jones has been in lots and lots of films, and is the sort of actor that can be extremely menacing, but has such a great sense of humor as well.  You should see him in the film The Fugitive, he plays the U.S. Marshall that is after the doctor played by Harrison Ford.  Good, good film.

Man of Steel, I enjoyed it, much more than any other Superman film i've seen. I am a big fan of Zack Snyder and he hasn't ;et me down yet,  Russell Crowe was brilliant as Jor-El. Henry Cavill very much looked the part of Superman but wasn't the best acting ever, though it is clear that his chin was hand carved by God Himself!

We loved it too. 

RED - dumb, stupid fun!  Loved John Malkovich in it :D

Oh, yeah....Malkovich.  Love that man! :cool:

Have that to watch Steve, haven't been enthusiastic so far but will give it a go..

Watched Dark Shadows last night, I know it's had mixed reviews but I thoroughly enjoyed it, much darker than I expected..

We both liked Dark Shadows a lot.  I used to watch the original series on TV years ago. 

I watched one of my all-time favorite films over the weekend, The Secret of Roan Inish.  I'm not sure why, but this is the only John Sayles film I've seen.  I need to make a point to watch others!

I also watched Circle of Friends.  An inferior version of the book, but I still think Minnie Driver played a perfect Benny.

Sucker Punch

I'm still trying to work out if it is a work of genius or a load of old rubbish.  Either way, it's certainly not what I was expecting.

The latter!

We loved it.  All the actors were wonderful. 

Athena, Tommy Lee Jones has been in lots and lots of films, and is the sort of actor that can be extremely menacing, but has such a great sense of humor as well.  You should see him in the film The Fugitive, he plays the U.S. Marshall that is after the doctor played by Harrison Ford.  Good, good film.

x

I'm glad to hear you loved the film! Thanks, I might watch some more of his films :).

We went to see Star Trek: Into Darkness. I quite liked it. I haven't seen most Star Trek episodes (of most of the series) so I can't really say too much about original vision or anything like that. But I found the film entertaining.