The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

Half of Love Actually (stupid digibox was dying on me again, one of these days I'm going to throw it out the window!). I have seen it half a dozen times, and I've always loved it, but it's been a few years since I watched it, and I'd quite forgotten just how excellent it was. Bloody hell. Just as well I didn't see the other half of it, I might've cried my eyes out... :blush:

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life of Pi. Thought it was amazing. :smile:

x

That's great to hear! Have you read the book, and if so how do they compare? I was gifted the book but I'm not sure how religious it is. I think in a film it would bother me even more than in a book. But maybe it's not so bad! I'll have to give it a go sometime XD.

Just finished watching 'The Impossible'. I can't work out whether I liked this or not. It makes for uncomfortable watching, which is possibly the whole point of it.

The Iceman, I liked it The lead actor was good, He played a really Cold villain well.Ray liotta was in it more than I expected and he was also good. Even WR was good. I don't know the budget, but I didn't feel the stars overpowered the film. DS remained unrecognised for 5 mins, but once I recognised him, well....

In some parts, Dexter like. I have't looked at who played who yet and I think chris evans was good as I've realised who he was. I (I thought it was blonde boy out of stealth.)

Apologies if I should know who the Lead was, he was good. I hate it when I'm enjoying a film and I say, that's so and so from.....)

The Iceman, I liked it The lead actor was good, He played a really Cold villain well.Ray liotta was in it more than I expected and he was also good. Even WR was good. I don't know the budget, but I didn't feel the stars overpowered the film. DS remained unrecognised for 5 mins, but once I recognised him, well....

In some parts, Dexter like. I have't looked at who played who yet and I think chris evans was good as I've realised who he was. I (I thought it was blonde boy out of stealth.)

Apologies if I should know who the Lead was, he was good. I hate it when I'm enjoying a film and I say, that's so and so from.....)

Happy-Go-Lucky and Iron Man. The former was a bit 'eh...?' but also good at times. The latter was not my choice, only watched it because friends wanted to, but it was surprisingly watchable and maybe even good  :lurker:

Yesterday I watched Hope Springs, I hadn't actually heard a lot about this film, but read the synopsis in the Film1 TV guide and it sounded good so we all watched it. It features Meryl Streep, Tommy Lee Jones and Steve Carell. It's about a couple (Streep and Jones) who've been married for 30+ years but whose marriage isn't doing well. To try and fix it, they go into intensive relationship therapy for a week, with a famous therapist (Carell). The film was nice, I thought the actors were doing a great job! I really like Steve Carell and Meryl Streep (I don't know Tommy Lee Jones that well, I haven't seen him that often before that I remember), they both played their parts so well (I especially liked Carell, he was very convincing as a therapist!). This film is a romantic comedy.

Edited by Athena

Man of Steel, I enjoyed it, much more than any other Superman film i've seen. I am a big fan of Zack Snyder and he hasn't ;et me down yet,  Russell Crowe was brilliant as Jor-El. Henry Cavill very much looked the part of Superman but wasn't the best acting ever, though it is clear that his chin was hand carved by God Himself!

Warm Bodies. I enjoyed it SO much more than I thought it would. To be honest, I thought it looked a bit cr@p, but it turned out to be a heartwarming zom-rom (with a touch of com at times) based on Romeo and Juliet that actually had me close to tears on several occasions. I now fully intend to get hold of the book next time I'm at the library if at all possible! (Hopefully this very weekend!)

Kell, I read Warm Bodies not long ago, then saw part of the film the other night because I bought it for Beth. I think you'll enjoy the book, for me the humour in it was even better. (I was also annoyed by some of the changes in the film, let me know what you think!)