The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

Oh, that is a FUNNY film!  It's a remake of a French film, Le Diner de Cons, which I've not seen, but which is also supposed to be very very good. :)

Yeah, it's kind of out of the box because there was just no way of telling how Barry would react to things. Like

Tim having locked himself in the bedroom to talk to his gal, trying to get her back, and the stalker Darla in the livingroom, trying to make Tim upset and jealous by making it sound like she was getting it on with Barry. She wanted Barry to spank her, but when that didn't work, she would spank herself, and Barry got into that and started dancing around, spanking himself :D

I remember the first time when I encountered Steve Carell in anything. It was in Bruce Almighty, he was the annoying anchorman. I couldn't stand the character or the actor! And now look at me. I've done a complete 180 :blush: Hehee!

I saw in the credits that it was inspired by Le Diner de Cons but for some reason I thought that was a book! :doh:  Thanks for the info, I'm going to keep my eyes open for that one in the future :) I hope you have a chance to catch it some day, too!

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We saw the new Star Trek last week. Saw it in 3D but was a bit too close to the screen. I enjoyed it well enough but it wasn't fantastic.

We saw The Great Gatsby tonight......loved, loved, loved it.  Gorgeous.  The acting was superb, the sets lush and just marvelous, true to the time. 

This was released today over here. Am very excited to see it. I love Luhrmann films (lets just skip over Australia...) and I can see him making Gatsby look really great, it's perfect for the cinematic scenes he's so good at.

nah that's just an effect of the 3D... it comes towards you  ;)

lol nah. Had to crane my head to see the screen properly, and the edges were difficult to see. Was one of those giant IMAX screens

And, let me add a review I found on our local newspaper for Gatsby. http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf/2013/05/james_franco_on_the_great_gats.html#cmpid=nwsltrhead

I was interested to see in the article that Franco has adapted Faulkner's As I Lay Dying...made the movie right next door. 

I remember the first time when I encountered Steve Carell in anything. It was in Bruce Almighty, he was the annoying anchorman. I couldn't stand the character or the actor! And now look at me. I've done a complete 180 :blush: Hehee!

Same here, I didn't like him in that film, but he's really good in many other films! Edited by Athena

I watched Edward Scissorhands for the first time yesterday. I can't believe I haven't seen it before, especially when it's got Johnny Depp. It's hard to believe it's him at first but then you finally realise the face shape is the same etc. It was quite weird but it was so sweet at the same time. :D

I love Mary Poppins :)

I watched a DVD of Les Miserables yesterday .. cried all over again. I bought it for my mum and dad as well but I'm a bit worried at how dad will get on with all the singing .. it's not as if the film contains anything else. It could go either way :D Also watched Edward Scissorhands ... always enjoyable.

Saw Argo. Impressed with the production. It was quite a good film. 

Surely that should be:  Khaaaaaaaaaaaan!!

:giggle2:

ROTFALOL!  Yesssssssssssss!  Indeed.

Sorry for the momentary blip... :doh: