The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to the cinema to see Iron Man 3, it was really good! :D

EDIT: I forgot, I also saw Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade on Blu-ray. That was quite good, too.

Edited by Athena

Just watched about ten minutes of Peter Jackson's overblown remake of King Kong.  Then I remembered how bad it is and turned it off.  Terrible continuity in the bit I was watching, too.  One minute Naomi Watts' dress is covered in mud, the next shot it's clean as a whistle :rolleyes:

Bridges of Madison County. My Mum, Aunt and Cousin were comparing it with The Notebook but I think I prefer The Notebook. Still quite good though. :)

Is The Notebook the one with James Garner and Gena Rowland? 

re Bridges of MC....I cried like a baby at the end. 

Is The Notebook the one with James Garner and Gena Rowland? 

re Bridges of MC....I cried like a baby at the end. 

I'm not sure haha. I know its got Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling.

I'm not sure haha. I know its got Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling.

I looked it up...they played the younger versions of the couple.

I looked it up...they played the younger versions of the couple.

Yeah. I thought you might have been on about the older version of the couple but I didn't know who they were anyway.

If you google James Garner, you'll see he has been around a long time, and done quite a lot. He's always been a particular favorite of mine, only partially because he reminds me very much of my father. :)

We watched All that Jazz last night.  Roy Scheider is so good.  (Scheider is the one that spoke the famous line in Jaws, "we're gonna need a bigger boat")

It's based on the life of choreographer Bob Fosse.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Fosse

Hint: Bob Fosse choreographed Cabaret.  To mention only one of dozens.

Not actually a film, but the feature length version of the Star Trek: The Next Generation story The Best of Both Worlds on Blu-ray.

Very good, although I think have made the picture bolder by over saturating the colour in places (it is especially noticeable when there are several red tops on screen at the same time).

The only problem with a feature length version is that you don't get to see one of the best cliff-hangers in TV history!

I saw that it was playing, but not on our side of the lake.  Couldn't make it down to catch it, unfortunately. I might even have it on tape, as I used to tape the program sometimes if I wasn't going to be home.  Yes, that long ago......VCR/tapes. :P

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013). Not as bad as I'd been led to believe. Yes, it was trashy and corny and chock full of cliches, but it as actually quite fun and had some great set pieces and nice nods to other fairytales too. And Jeremy Renner has bare arms for part of it, which is always good. There should be a law passed that Jeremy Renner is never allowed to cover his arms ever again. I don't find him remotely attractive to look at, but those arms!!! *swoon* Ahem. Anyway... not as bad as I thought it was going to be p pleasantly surprised by that. It's very gory in places, but the exploding heads and squished heads and body parts flying (which are definitely NOT for the faint hearted) are actually hilarious within the scenes, and I believe it was intentionally funny, not just funny because it's bad, if you get what I mean. Worth a watch if you're a fan of rewritten fairytales with anachronistic weapons and kick-@ss heroes/heroines. :)

Well, I watched a couple films today:

1. Life of Brian - This was actually quite good. I wasn't really in the mood to watch a film as I really wanted to finish my book but I actually got into it. It was funny in an idiotic/simplistic way and was a funny twist on the life of Jesus.
  2. The Borrowers/Happy Feet - Only saw bits of these as I was reading in between. Generally quite good.
  3. Inkheart - I read the books of these and absolutely loved them! How could you not love a series of books about books. The film was alright I think. I had a hard time remembering the characters and I thought there was a lot less in the film than the book. But, considering I read the books ages ago I couldn't really remember.
  4. Dirty Dancing - A classic in my family! So cringy but such a feel good romantic film. I mean, who calls their child Baby?!
  5. 300 - Again, not much of this film. I've never managed to finish it and I really should. I'm not sure how I feel about Gerard Butler having a full head of hair and a beard. I think I prefer him with his hair the way it is now. It was quite good and I loved the slowed down scenes of the fighting between the Spartans and the Persians. It was really good and I loved the detail put into it.

Finally got around to watching Prometheus.  I'm not sure if I liked it or not :shrug:

Haha that's par for the course  of watching Prometheus.  I was not even quite sure WHAT I had watched. 

There were parts of it I liked, like finding out about the Engineers, and it looked great, but it was just so stupid in places.  Style over substance from Ridley Scott.  There's a surprise  :doh: