The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

The Place Beyond on the Pines, it was good, not great.

Didn't like...

How they made Bradley Coopers character out to be the bad guy and Ryan Gosling as the misunderstood underdog

We saw The Place Beyond the Pines a while back, and I thought it was good.....and then it grew on me.  For weeks afterward, it haunted me.

I see what you mean about the BC character, but really....he was a bad guy. Not super bad, as I recall, but more weak. He couldn't stand up to the Ray Liotta character worth beans. That's all it would taken.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

x

I haven't yet seen it but (read the book though):

Sorry to hear it disappointed you. I'm not sure how much I'll like it, we'll have to wait and see. I think I also would prefer it if they had stuck closer to the book and instead of making three three hour long films, it would've been better if it had been much shorter (that's how I felt after the first film, anyway).

Yesterday we watched the first half of The Hogfather, based on the book by Terry Pratchett. I think this is the third time watching it, and I love it (I love the Discworld books).

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug which is an excellent movie, the barrelscene easily the best actionscene I have seen in a long time, and the adding of the she-elf Tauriel was a thoughtfully addition to Tolkiens tale based upon the approval my daughters gave her.

I've unintentionally had a Hugh Grant day - first up was About A Boy, then switched over and coincidentally found Two Weeks Notice and have just caught Four Weddings and a Funeral.  If I hadn't seen Notting Hill in the week, I might have been tempted to put that on now! :D

I've unintentionally had a Hugh Grant day - first up was About A Boy, then switched over and coincidentally found Two Weeks Notice and have just caught Four Weddings and a Funeral.  If I hadn't seen Notting Hill in the week, I might have been tempted to put that on now! :D

x

I quite like Hugh Grant, I think he plays his roles very well. I haven't seen Four Weddings and a Funeral but love the other films you mentioned.

watched Home Alone 2 with the kids, classic christmas fun!

x

I love that film!

Were you as disappointed as me?

Probably not :lol:  It had it's moments but, as has become the norm with Peter Jackson, it was half an hour of brilliance surrounded by two hours of his usual self-indulgent rubbish :rolleyes:

Yesterday I received my Muppets DVD and so we watched The Muppets Christmas Carol. It was the first time watching it for me, and I really enjoyed it, it was great :).

Yay!!! It's brilliant isn't it? :smile: ... glad you enjoyed it Gaia x