The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron man 3 , Funny, Good action, Having looked it up total waste of mandarin. Better than no.2 and it's probably just personal but Baubels as a grenade, really?

Dex doesn't do christmas

Went to see 'Love is all you need' with a couple of friends on Monday...the latest from Pierce Brosnin....was rather good. In Danish with subtitles but lots of it in English too. He was rather lovely in it. ;)

I watched Doc Hollywood yesterday evening, it was quite good. I knew the general story since the film Cars (which I like) is based upon it, it was still good though to see :). There were a few funny bits, too.

Grand Hotel, the 1932 version with John and Lionel Barrymore, Greta Garbo, Joan Crawford.  All so young and beautiful.  The film was marvelous, the scenes between the Barrymore brothers were worth it all.  Garbo floated through on a silvery cloud.  You know everyone goes on about Garbo's eyes.  But.  Joan Crawford had the most beautiful and expressive eyes.....she told volumes in one look.  Fabulous!

Oh! And the Art Deco set!  WOW!  Everything circular, and the black and white tiled floor.....just gorgeous!

Edited by pontalba

Yesterday I watched the first American Pie and then American Pie The Wedding. We were planning on doing an American Pie marathon but we only got through those two. xD

And I've just finished watching Life of Pi. I loved it! Such great storytelling. I loved the change in relationship between Pi and Robert Parker. :lol:

We saw The Great Gatsby tonight......loved, loved, loved it.  Gorgeous.  The acting was superb, the sets lush and just marvelous, true to the time. 

We saw The Great Gatsby tonight......loved, loved, loved it.  Gorgeous.  The acting was superb, the sets lush and just marvelous, true to the time. 

My friend was gushing over the movie trailer and was talking about how she couldn't wait to see the movie in the theater. Her words made me almost want to go and see the movie, and I haven't been to a theater since the first Sex and the City movie, and that was ages ago! And now you've thrown in a lot of good words for the movie. I'm rather tempted now!

Star Trek, If you didn't like the first rebooted one, You're. going to hate this one. I enjoyed most of the film, there was a grating plotline and an oh my god no don't do that,one. Also an obvious ending. Cumberbatch was quite good. I saw this in 2d and could easily spot the scenes made for 3d. I'm getting old. "Bra and Panties shot"

Edited by dex

My friend was gushing over the movie trailer and was talking about how she couldn't wait to see the movie in the theater. Her words made me almost want to go and see the movie, and I haven't been to a theater since the first Sex and the City movie, and that was ages ago! And now you've thrown in a lot of good words for the movie. I'm rather tempted now!

Frankie, I can't recommend it highly enough.  The acting, the camera work is amazing.  DiCaprio is his usually fantastic self as Gatsby, and Toby McGuire (who'd have thunk it!) is wonderfully expressive and believable as Nick, the narrator.  Think Busby Berkley on steroids.

Star Trek, If you didn't like the first rebooted one, You're. going to hate this one. I enjoyed most of the film, there was a grating plotline and an oh my god no don't do that,one. Also an obvious ending. Cumberbatch was quite good. I saw this in 2d and could easily spot the scenes made for 3d

It's opening here tomorrow night, a midnight showing...then full schedule on Thursday.  hmmm, considering the midnight showing....

I know I'll be a little disappointed...but the compulsion is still strong.  :D

Frankie, I can't recommend it highly enough.  The acting, the camera work is amazing.  DiCaprio is his usually fantastic self as Gatsby, and Toby McGuire (who'd have thunk it!) is wonderfully expressive and believable as Nick, the narrator.  Think Busby Berkley on steroids.

Busby Berkley doesn't ring any bells, but Toby Maguire, bleh.... :giggle: I just checked, the movie's opening night in Finland is the day after tomorrow. Now I also remembered why I don't go to the movies so often... The tickets are expensive! I'll have to think about it.

I watched Edward Scissorhands last night, for the first time in over a decade. I'd forgotten surprisingly many things about the plot.

I did a bit of retail therapy today and bought two Steve Carell movies, as they were on sale, and well, because I :wub: Steve Carell :giggle2: I just watched the other one, Dinner for Schmucks. It was goooood :smile2:

I'm going to see that next week.  Glad you liked it. I loved the book - it's one of my favourites.  The Redford film version was okay, and I watched the one with Toby Stephens as Gatsby the other day, which is also pretty good, but neither of them really do justice to the book, so I have everything crossed for the Baz Luhrmann one.  I imagine that Luhrmann's flamboyant style will really suit the era and storyline.

The last film I watched was Some Like It Hot, which is just fantastic, and you can watch it over and over again.  I adore Jack Lemmon, but all three leads were so terrific in this.

I did a bit of retail therapy today and bought two Steve Carell movies, as they were on sale, and well, because I :wub: Steve Carell :giggle2: I just watched the other one, Dinner for Schmucks. It was goooood :smile2:

Oh, that is a FUNNY film!  It's a remake of a French film, Le Diner de Cons, which I've not seen, but which is also supposed to be very very good. :)