The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warm Bodies in the cinema yesterday. Absolutely loved it . . .

Nice, but what film did you go and see?

Enigma

A healthy slice of wartime spy action that whilst not being as good as the book, at least makes a good fist of it.  Kate Winslet being in it helps lots too.

Battleship.  Well I've seen worse films based on games.  That's not saying much, though.

The Darkest Hour.  Mildly diverting alien invasion tale set in Moscow.  Rubbish acting but it took great pleasure in killing most of the characters :giggle2:

Not technically a film... but I watched The Stand mini-series. At 6 hours long they still had to cut a significant portion out and unfortunately this was mostly the characterisation that made the book so brilliant. As well as some poor casting choices and a low budget it had no chance of living up to the book.

The script was written by Stephen King, so what was there was a good adaptation. but it would definitely benefit from a HBO (or similar) series being made.

I don't know if this counts in this section, but did anyone watch Dancing on the Edge on BBC2 which concluded last week. It was about the rise of jazz music in the 30s but also had themes of racial prejudice running through it and its consequences.  I found it rivetting and really enjoyed the music and themes running through the acting.