The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

Wow you all watch a lot of films! So many that the last thread was very, very long, so here is a new one :D

I watched This Means War for about the fifth time yesterday. Light hearted comedy about two friends competing for the heart of the same woman. Very very funny and it has the delectable Tom Hardy in it.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bright Star. I didn't much like it, maybe I wasn't in the right mood. I mean, it was a costume drama and about poets, and all, so I would've thought it was right up my alley. I didn't like the female lead. Or the character. Paul Schneider who played Brown was superb, no wonder he won some award for the supporting role.

Eventhough I didn't really get into the movie, I had to add letter of John Keats to my wishlist :giggle2:

I watched most of Towering Inferno this afternoon, and then my Mum rang me to tell me about a news item of interest on another channel. I then forgot about my movie and missed all the best bits. :( (I've seen it before, but still...)

Tonight I watched some movie with Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig about the world being infested with something (Invasion?) It was...meh.

Tonight I watched some movie with Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig about the world being infested with something (Invasion?) It was...meh.

I have seen that, it is one of the adaptations of Jack Finney's The Body Snatchers. No where near the best one.

Poppy posted this last week:

O Brother Where Art Thou?

Muggle recommended this one to me and it's the funniest movie I've seen in a long time. It has the most wonderful assortment of characters and I laughed nearly the whole way through. It's a Coen Brother production which is a recommendation in itself. It's got some great music in it too (see video :D )

my reply to Poppy:

I am glad that you enjoyed a very funny movie. The movie was well put together and as you say, the characters were wonderful. The movie may go over-the-head of some, that is if you don,t have a sense of humour. It is a film that I can watch many times and keep enjoying it. The music was well selected for the movie and I have the music CD that i frequently listen to when walking on the treadmill.

HUGE thumbs up to watching a Coen bros film, Muggle!! Watch more if you can, they are hilarious! :D

I saw Silver Linings Playbook yesterday which I liked a lot, and earlier in the weekend I watched One for the Money in passing, and it seemed okay. My mom has read the Janet Evanovich books and thought the film was really funny.

I'm not convinced that SLP was Oscar-worthy, but I'm glad to see that Bradley Cooper can do other types of films besides crude comedies!

The Impossible. Heartbreaking yet uplifitng at the same time.

Hard to believe what those poor people went through back in 2004.

The film tells the TRUE STORY of a family that were very lucky considering what they were put through, hard to believe what happened to them really in the grand scheme of things.

Let us know what you think of The Grey....I thought it turned out very differently that I expected.

The ending ..... I know what you mean I enjoyed it up until then thought it was a great film but I heard there will be a sequeal but don't quote me on that.

It's Complicated (again).. So so funny!!!! :D

Brilliant film...went to see that with a couple of friends at cinema....we laughed out loud I think.. :D