1. 1. Which eReader do you use?

• Normal Kindle (keyboard etc)
    • Touch Kindle
    • Kobo
    • Nook
    • Kindle app on tablet
    • Other app on tablet
    • Kindle Fire

I've got a Kindle for most of my reading, but I do use my iPad in bed as my bedside light isn't bright enough to read books or the Kindle by. I don't read in bed often, but when I do, it'll either be the Kindle or the Apple iBooks app on it. Maximum of one hour only on the iPad though, as the backlit screen starts to give me a headache then.

I use a kindle keyboard. I bought it second hand on ebay. It was in very good condition, was only £75 and came with a case that costs around £50 new. Needless to say i was very happy.

The first ereader i had was an iriver cover story. It cost more than double the amount of the kindle, and was pretty rubbish.

Occasionally i will read on my galaxy tab, but prefer to use the kindle :)

Edited by ashleighjane

Kindle Keyboard is the main one I use. I have the Fire,but it isn't as comfortable to hold for reading,due to its weight and size -- kinda squared edges wiithout the "dents" along the sides like the kindle has to make it thinner and easier to hold.

I also have a Nook,but rarely ever use it . B & N doesn't have as many good deals on freebie books,and their prices tend to be higher than amazon . I love the size of the Nook, though .

Like Karsa, my first ereader was a Sony and it wasn't nearly as easy to use, load books, etc on .

I don't use any e-reader. If I lived in the UK and was interested in an e-reader I would probably get a Kindle (probably a fancy one at that). If not that, then I'd get a Sony Reader (PRS-T2), since that's what my brother and sister have (if I remember it correctly) and they like theirs (I researched it for my brother). The thing is, because I live in the Netherlands, Amazon would charge me extra for Kindle files, making it cheaper for me to order physical books from them than Kindle books I think. If you buy ebooks from a Dutch shop, it'll cost a bit as all books cost a bit here (not sure how many English ones are sold). At any rate, so far I much prefer a physical book.

Edited by Athena

I am not sure what you mean by 'normal' Kindle, but I ticked that one anyway, as it is probably closest to what I have - a keyboard wifi.

I did the same as you. I wasn't sure what was meant by normal kindle. I have the kindle fire and love it. I t has changed my reading habits tremendously and for the better.

I have a Kindle Touch. I love it. The only thing I'm a bit disappointed with is the Experimental option which allows you to use the internet. It's very slow and it's virtually impossible to access The Book Forum on it because of the time it takes to respond.

I checked "normal kindle" meaning the original, with keyboard. Not a touch model.

We both have one, and we also have one Kobo, but don't use it anymore. It became difficult to download as it was the time Borders was actually breaking up. I'd be hard pressed to say exactly where it even is at the moment.

Yep, that. :) I didn't put 'keyboard' though, as I believe the later models don't have one.

i.e. Kindle 3, 4 etc. K3 is the last one with the keyboard, K4 comes without.

I use a 3G K3, and love it - very much a convert as very uncertain when I bought it. I like the slimness of the K4, but don't like the lack of keyboard (which I do use a fair bit on occasions). I also intensely dislike the firmware on the K4, especially the way airline mode/wifi on-off is tucked away in settings; on the K3, it's right at the top of the first menu.

One option not listed, but which I use a fair bit, is the Kindle Android app on my smartphone, and to a lesser extent on my PC - I do not use a tablet!

I'm not knocking the poll, but I think it would have been interesting to have a "I don't have an e-reader" option to see how many of us Luddites are left!

You could start a poll on 'Do you have an eReader' :) I think it would be interesting to see how many of us do own one and how many will only read tree books.

I have a kindle (the normal none keyboard one) and actually like it much more than I anticipated. Mainly got it for the commute.

I've had a look at the fire and the paperwhite but I much prefer the standard e-ink screen as it's much more like reading an actual book. Plus I can imagine the battery runs out quickly on those that are backlit.

I used to occasionally use the kindle app and i-books on my Ipod but it was a nightmare to read on, too small

I have a Kindle Keyboard. I had a Sony originally but didn't think much of it.

I am the same. I was an early adopter of e-reader technology and bought one of the earlier Sony devices. I was fairly disappointed with it and thought that it would be another flash in the pan gadget. Fortunately the Kindle Keyboard proved to me that there was a lot of life in the e-reader world. I don't use mine as often as many people on this forum but I do take it with me when I travel or are away with work.

I've got the Kindle keyboard and the Kindle Fire HD which I was lucky to get for Christmas. I still like the Kindle keyboard for daytime reading (and less battery use) but the Fire is great for evenings and bedtime without loads of lamps on. I got myself a keyboard to fit the Fire which is great as I can now use it as a mini laptop.

I'm not knocking the poll, but I think it would have been interesting to have a "I don't have an e-reader" option to see how many of us Luddites are left!

You could start a poll on 'Do you have an eReader' :) I think it would be interesting to see how many of us do own one and how many will only read tree books.

Exactly - I was more interested to see which ones are being used, rather than whether people use them. By all means start a 2nd poll. :)