Poppy's Books

poppy

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Girl Who Saved The King Of Sweden by Jonas Jonasson

By the same author as The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window and Disappeared, and equally enjoyable. Jonasson's eccentric characters and satirical humour are a delight to read. He has a wonderful imagination and his stories take lots of unlikely and surprising twists and turns. I hope he writes more!

The Girl Who Saved The King Of Sweden by Jonas Jonasson

By the same author as The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window and Disappeared, and equally enjoyable. Jonasson's eccentric characters and satirical humour are a delight to read. He has a wonderful imagination and his stories take lots of unlikely and surprising twists and turns. I hope he writes more!

I will put it on my TBR list and try to read as soon as I finish Mr. Mercedes and a William Faulkner book that pontalba recommended.

btw, I really enjoyed Mr. Pip.

Hi Poppy

I'm just catching up with some of the thread in here and came across your accident . wow ! How scary ! I'm glad they got you help quickly , but sorry you missed out on the helicopter trip . Maybe you'll get to ride one again in better circumstances next time .

I'm glad you are on the mend and doing well now .

I've been meaning to read Mr. Pip forever. Thanks for the reminder .

Thanks Julia, really good to see you back too, you've been having a rough time as well :empathy:

Hi Poppy

I'm just catching up with some of the thread in here and came across your accident . wow ! How scary ! I'm glad they got you help quickly , but sorry you missed out on the helicopter trip . Maybe you'll get to ride one again in better circumstances next time .

I'm glad you are on the mend and doing well now .

I've been meaning to read Mr. Pip forever. Thanks for the reminder .

Thanks Julia, really good to see you back, you've been having a rough time too :empathy:

btw, I really enjoyed Mr. Pip.

Glad you enjoyed it Muggles :)

• 3 months later...

(a while since I've caught up here)

The Thoughts and Happenings of Wilfred Price Purveyor of Superior Funerals by Wendy Jones

A fairly simple story but a little quirky and quite charming, I really enjoyed it.  There is a sequel I'd like to read The World Is A Wedding.

Don't Let Me Go by Katherine Ryan Hyde

A heart-warming and endearing story

The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde

Saw this play when I was at school, but have never read it until now. As funny as I remembered.

Major Benjy by Guy Fraser-Sampson

One of the Mapp and Lucia stories, although written by a different author. This could very easily have been written by E.F Benson, the original author of the Mapp and Lucia books, the humour and writing are very much the same. I love these books, pure escapism, but very funny and wonderful characters.

** ½

Edited by poppy