Kindle and ebooks deals

Michelle

running.jpg

End of the World Running Club is today's (September 8th) daily deal for 99 cents.  It's on my TBR.

From Amazon:

Edgar Hill is 35 and caught in his own headlock. Overweight slob, under-performing husband and reluctant father – for Ed, the world may as well have already ended.

So when it does end in a catastrophic asteroid strike and Edgar and his family find refuge in an Edinburgh army barracks, it comes as something of a relief. His world becomes simpler, life becomes easier, things might just be looking up.

But nothing's ever that simple. Returning from a salvage run in the city, Edgar finds his family gone, taken to the south coast for evacuation by an international task force.  Suddenly he finds himself facing a gruelling journey on foot across a devastated United Kingdom. Accompanied by a group of misfits that include a large, hairy tattoo artist and an old man who claims to have run around Australia, Edgar must race against time and overcome his own short-comings, not to mention 100 mile canyons and a very strange council estate, to find the people he loves before he loses them forever.

A vivid, gripping story of hope, long-distance running and how we break the limits of our own endurance.

Susan Hatler - Better Date than Never 7: Driven to Date is currently free on Amazon.com. I just read it yesterday and liked it (review here). It can be read as standalone but you'll get slightly more out of it if you read the whole series. It probably won't stay free for very long. Edited by Athena

• 1 month later...

Florence and Giles by John Harding is free today http://www.amazon.co.uk/Florence-Giles-John-Harding-ebook/dp/B003ATPQWK/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1414769501&sr=1-1&keywords=florence+and+giles 

I'm yet to write my review, but it's a pretty decent read. :)

Checked the synopsis out for this and thought it sounded pretty good, so gave it a cheeky download--thanks, Michelle.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm personally rather annoyed by this, because I've already bought - but the kindle version of King's Revival is down to £2.99. 

Unbelievable!! I bought it on release day for £9.00! :banghead:  I wonder if it's an error, as I haven't seen any of his new releases so cheap.

How rude.   This is why I don't buy things until they've been out for a while. It's hard when it's something you really like though.  :(   I managed to resist buying the last series of Downton Abbey on DVD until the summer - and it was so much cheaper - but really I'd have like to have bought it sooner.

Don't really understand why people consider this a bad thing on the publisher's part? They're offering a new book for a discounted price. It's just unfortunate for those that have already bought it. Happens with everything nowadays, not just books...

Edited by Ben

I personally think two days is ridiculous to discount it. It should either be a cheap opening offer (so everyone buys it quickly and it gets up the charts) or a few months later to tempt people umming and aahing.

Of course next time, people won't pre-order or buy on the day of release hoping for a discount on day 2 or 3 which doesn't do wonders for their figures!