Michelle

Kindle and ebooks deals

On 7/26/2019 at 12:34 PM, Raven said:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is a Kindle Deal of the day today, a bargain at 99p!

Ooh... that's a good one.

There is a compilation edition of Raymond Chandler's Philip Marlowe novels, The Lady in the Lake, The High Window and The Little Sister in today's daily Kindle deal for 99p.  

An even better bargain than Tinker Tailor Solider Spy the other day, and well worth a read!

9 hours ago, Raven said:
There is a compilation edition of Raymond Chandler's Philip Marlowe novels, The Lady in the Lake, The High Window and The Little Sister in today's daily Kindle deal for 99p.  

An even better bargain than Tinker Tailor Solider Spy the other day, and well worth a read!

Wow that's a very good one! I have a feeling I read a Raymond Chandler book many years ago and couldn't really get into it. This seems like a good opportunity to give him another chance! 

Wakenhyrst by Michelle Paver is also £.199 at the moment.

17 hours ago, Hayley said:

Wow that's a very good one! I have a feeling I read a Raymond Chandler book many years ago and couldn't really get into it. This seems like a good opportunity to give him another chance! 

The first book [The Big Sleep] is probably the best one to start with.  It has dated, being set in LA in the 40's, but it is still a good, strong story that is very well written.

55 minutes ago, Raven said:

The first book [The Big Sleep] is probably the best one to start with.  It has dated, being set in LA in the 40's, but it is still a good, strong story that is very well written.

Aware this is a weird question, but does The Big Sleep involve a man having to dress up as a Nun? Because that's the only thing I can really remember about the book I'm thinking of and the name sounds familiar...

4 hours ago, Hayley said:

Aware this is a weird question, but does The Big Sleep involve a man having to dress up as a Nun? Because that's the only thing I can really remember about the book I'm thinking of and the name sounds familiar...

You are right, that is a weird question! 

No, no cross-dressing in this one. 

8 minutes ago, Raven said:

You are right, that is a weird question! 

No, no cross-dressing in this one. 

Ok, mystery not solved then! Worth a try :lol:

Indie crime publisher Fahrenheit is having a sale on ebooks, everything is 85p. You have to get them direct from their website rather than the kindle store: 

https://fahrenheit-press.myshopify.com/collections/kindle-ebooks

and the discount is automatically applied at checkout. 

I decided to try Burke’s Last Witness by CJ Dunford and Iteration by Liz Monument :)