Kindle and ebooks deals

Michelle

If you like time travel romance with mystery and a dash of humour, you might like my book Hide in Time which is on a Kindle Countdown Deal for 99p until 1st September (or 99c US until 30th August). Reduced from £1.99/$2.99.   http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A3E925M?*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Athena - if I'm not allowed to publicize my own work, then please just delete this post. I couldn't decide if I should mention it or not, then it seemed wrong to leave this group out of the opportunity of getting a deal if they like time travel.

Athena - Book Hippo works out what sort of books you like and puts them at the top of the list - that's helpful, I find. It's worked my preferences out well. I think it works them out from which books you click on.

Edited by Anna Faversham

• 3 weeks later...

Humble Bundle have a bundle at the moment on rare Neil Gaiman works. The ebooks are made available to you DRM-free, which means you can put them on any device that supports the format, anytime, anywhere. It's a pay what you want scheme, so you can pay as much or as little as you want. Part of the proceeds go to charity, you can set how much of the money you want to go where. If you pay over $15 you get some extra books, and if you pay over the average (which is currently $19.61, which is amazing because usually people are not generous and only give like $5) you get more extra books. Every few days or such the organisers make one book or piece available for free, currently it's CBLDF Defender #1, in which Neil Gaiman reflects on free speech and censorship. On the HumbleBundle site, you can click on books to see a little preview (in PDF). The bundle is only available for another 9 days and 7-ish hours (they are normally available for 14 days but I was late in posting this).

I'm tempted even though I much prefer paperbooks.

Edited by Athena

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quite a few books in the Kindle daily deal today, the only one I would recommend though is Enigma, by Robert Harris

If you like spy thrillers, Second World War stories or are interested in Bletchley Park and the code breaking that went on there, this is a very good [fiction] read!

I bought Enigma as well. I've never read a Robert Harris book but I'm familiar with his name and that particular book.

The Cry by Helen Fitzgerald is only £0.99 (not sure for how long). It's been mentioned here quite a bit lately.

I bought Enigma as well. I've never read a Robert Harris book but I'm familiar with his name and that particular book.

It's quite a good story, and better than the film (which is still good in itself, if you have seen it).  It captures the gloom of the war years very well.

I'm quite a fan of Robert Harris - haven't read a book of his yet that I haven't liked.  Enigma is great, I must re-read it (and Fatherland) some time.

In other news, all of Jack Campbell's Lost Fleet books (apart from the first one, bizarrely) are going for 99p in the Autumn sale.

A few of Joe Abercrombie's books are going for £1.99 each today:

The Blade Itself

Before They Are Hanged

Last Argument of Kings

Best Served Cold

Red Country

Edited by Karsa Orlong

Obviously more than a Daily Deal, as they're still going for £1.99 each, and The Heroes is now down to that price, too.

I bought Ian McDonald's latest book for £1.99, Luna: New Moon.  

I got that too. It's a large Gollancz wide reduction to coinside with the Gollancz Festival at the weekend. Also got

Voyage by Stephen Baxter

Twelve Kings by Bradley Beaulieu

The Beauty of Murder by A.K. Benedict

Son of the Morning by Mark Aldar

Apart from Baxter they were all at the Festival on Saturday in London.

I got that too. It's a large Gollancz wide reduction to coinside with the Gollancz Festival at the weekend.

Ah, that explains it!  :smile:   I also picked up:

Roboteer by Alex Lamb

Crashing Heaven by Al Robertson

I'm 260 pages through Luna: New Moon.  I saw reviews saying it's 'Game of Thrones in space'.  It isn't.  It's much, much better than that.

This might have been on offer for ages (it wasn't the last time I looked though), but South Riding by Winifred Holtby is currently 99p on Kindle*.  It's in our English Counties challenge for anyone doing this and who has a Kindle.  :)

* At the time of posting - please double check before downloading.  :)