Kindle and ebooks deals

Michelle

• 3 weeks later...

Free for Amazon prime members:

You Have Arrived At Your Destination by Amor Towles (53 page book)

Nature or nurture? Neither. Discover a bold new way to raise a child in this unsettling story of the near future by the New York Times bestselling author of A Gentleman in Moscow.

When Sam’s wife first tells him about Vitek, a twenty-first-century fertility lab, he sees it as the natural next step in trying to help their future child get a “leg up” in a competitive world. But the more Sam considers the lives that his child could lead, the more he begins to question his own relationships and the choices he has made in his life.

Amor Towles’s You Have Arrived at Your Destination is part of Forward, a collection of six stories of the near and far future from out-of-this-world authors. Each piece can be read or listened to in a single thought-provoking sitting.

I have the Dutch Amazon Prime, but I've never seen Amazon NL have a Kindle book free specifically for Prime Members. You Have Arrived At Your Destination is normally priced for me, shame as it sounds like a very interesting story! I think it's on my Kindle wishlist.

• 2 weeks later...

UK Kindle daily deals includes The Unwomanly Face of War (Penguin Modern Classics) by Svetlana Alexievich. An oral history of women in Europe & Russia in the World War 2. For 99p.

Edited by Marie H
Missed price

• 1 month later...

For anyone who has not read it, The Day of the Triffids, by John Wyndham, is 99p on the Kindle today (dreadful cover, brilliant book!).

In fact, there are a number of Sci-Fi Masterworks on offer on the Kindle this month, all at 99p:

Mockingbird, by Walter Tevis
Inverted World, by Christopher Priest
A Scanner Darkly, by Philip K. Dick
Greybeard, by Brian Aldiss
Downward to the Earth, by Robert Silverberg
Roadside Picnic, by Arkady & Boris Strugatsky

There may be others as well!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 24/03/2022 at 2:32 PM, Raven said:

For anyone who hasn't read it yet, Lies Sleeping, by Ben Aaronovitch is 99p on the kindle today.

And today, the most recent Rivers of London book - False Value - is also 99p!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One Dark Night: A romantic thriller mystery, dark and intriguing (The Dark Moon Trilogy Book 1) eBook : Faversham, Anna: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

The link above describes One Dark Night well. This romantic thriller mystery is set on the English coast in 1821 with smugglers and Revenue men battling for supremacy and both in love with the same girl.  It is 99p until 6th July. Reviewer's comment: "What a cracking good read."

The second book in this trilogy is also 99p until 6th July Under a Dark Star: Heart-rending suspense (The Dark Moon Trilogy Book 2) eBook : Faversham, Anna: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store  Reviewer's comment: "All the fervour of a Poldark-style-adventure"

The third One Dark Soul: Heartbreaking Revenge (The Dark Moon Trilogy Book 3) eBook : Faversham, Anna: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store is £1.99

Amazon reviewer's comment: "Excellent historical fiction."

So for less than £4 you can be the owner of a trilogy of historical ebooks - details of awards are on Amazon

Paperbacks are available at £8.95 each.

5 hours ago, Raven said:

The first seven books in Jodi Taylor's Chronicles of St. Mary's series are all 99p on the Kindle today.

Can't recommend them myself, but I know a lot of people on here like them!

Wow, that is a really good one!

On 7/8/2022 at 12:21 PM, Raven said:

The first seven books in Jodi Taylor's Chronicles of St. Mary's series are all 99p on the Kindle today.

Can't recommend them myself, but I know a lot of people on here like them!

I didn't see that (though it was a bargain)  but I actually prefer the St Mary's books on Audio, on paper they're a bit frenetic and Zara Ramm is such a brilliant reader that the over the top patches don't really matter.

• 3 weeks later...

UK Kindle daily deals has Susanna Clarke’s Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell for £1.29 today.

Edited by Marie H
Typo error

• 3 weeks later...