Kindle and ebooks deals

Michelle

New month, so a new heap of books reduced to 99p on the Kindle.

I've picked up:

The Man Who Fell to Earth by Walter Tevis
Enola Holmes: The Case of the Missing Marquess by Nancy Springer (not really the target demographic for this one, but I enjoyed the film so I thought I would see what the books are like).

Also in the daily deals, I picked up a copy of Richard Dawkins The God Delusion

There are also six of the later Bernard Cornwell The Last Kingdom novels all at 99p for the day, as well.

7 hours ago, poppy said:

And The Graveyard Book!  (If it's one of the five ... they're not available for me.)

It’s wasn’t one of the five (the other two were American Gods and Anansi Boys) but I agree with the recommendation, I loved The Graveyard Book!

22 hours ago, Marie H said:

Trustee from the Toolroom (Vintage Classics) Kindle Edition

by Nevil Shute for 99p today.

Not available for me, but it's one of his I don't think I've read, so will try to get it from the library. Thanks Marie :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Raven said:

Mort, by Terry Pratchett, is 99p on the Kindle today.

Ah, that’s what I was mentioning it too🙂

The Penguin Lessons by Tom Mitchell is 99p on Kindle today. It's delightful true story  and not to be confused with Away With the Penguins which is, I believe for I haven't read it and am going on the voews of people whose reading tastes I share, a sacharine novel about an older woman finding herself.

The Dance of the Serpents: The Brand New Frey & McGray Mystery (A Frey & McGray Mystery) UK Kindle Edition by Oscar de Muriel for 99p today.

I think this one is the 6th of the series (well that’s Goodreads said).

1 hour ago, Marie H said:

The Dance of the Serpents: The Brand New Frey & McGray Mystery (A Frey & McGray Mystery) UK Kindle Edition by Oscar de Muriel for 99p today.

I think this one is the 6th of the series (well that’s Goodreads said).

I got this, thanks. It is the 6th.

Edited by lunababymoonchild

Check out the Digital Library that I belong to. I get approx. 95% of all my books free from the library.

I hope that my password isn't activated on the library site, if it is please let me know pronto. ;)

Edited by muggle not

On 5/26/2021 at 4:45 AM, poppy said:

Do you think it will let anyone join, Muggle, even from another country?

I will check with the library and find out what the policy is for the NC Digital library. It is probably only for in-State residents but I don't know that for sure. The Charlottesville, Virginia library for instance lets people from out-of-State join for a yearly fee of $30. I don't know if they permit out of country though. Each State and even each library probably has different policies for members. 

A few years ago I read 71 books in one year and probably 65+ were free from the digital library for my kindle.

Edited by muggle not

Today’s UK Kindle Daily Deals is A Wizard of Earthsea: The First Book of Earthsea (The Earthsea Quartet 1) by Ursula K. Le Guin for 99p. This is 1 of 6 in the series.

6 hours ago, Marie H said:

Today’s UK Kindle Daily Deals is A Wizard of Earthsea: The First Book of Earthsea (The Earthsea Quartet 1) by Ursula K. Le Guin for 99p. This is 1 of 6 in the series.

And to add to that, Iain M. Banks first Culture novel, Consider Phlebas is also 99p on the Kindle today - you have just over an hour to buy it!