Kindle and ebooks deals

Michelle

There is a compilation edition of Raymond Chandler's Philip Marlowe novels, The Lady in the Lake, The High Window and The Little Sister in today's daily Kindle deal for 99p.  

An even better bargain than Tinker Tailor Solider Spy the other day, and well worth a read!

9 hours ago, Raven said:
There is a compilation edition of Raymond Chandler's Philip Marlowe novels, The Lady in the Lake, The High Window and The Little Sister in today's daily Kindle deal for 99p.  

An even better bargain than Tinker Tailor Solider Spy the other day, and well worth a read!

Wow that's a very good one! I have a feeling I read a Raymond Chandler book many years ago and couldn't really get into it. This seems like a good opportunity to give him another chance! 

Wakenhyrst by Michelle Paver is also £.199 at the moment.

17 hours ago, Hayley said:

Wow that's a very good one! I have a feeling I read a Raymond Chandler book many years ago and couldn't really get into it. This seems like a good opportunity to give him another chance! 

The first book [The Big Sleep] is probably the best one to start with.  It has dated, being set in LA in the 40's, but it is still a good, strong story that is very well written.

55 minutes ago, Raven said:

The first book [The Big Sleep] is probably the best one to start with.  It has dated, being set in LA in the 40's, but it is still a good, strong story that is very well written.

Aware this is a weird question, but does The Big Sleep involve a man having to dress up as a Nun? Because that's the only thing I can really remember about the book I'm thinking of and the name sounds familiar...

4 hours ago, Hayley said:

Aware this is a weird question, but does The Big Sleep involve a man having to dress up as a Nun? Because that's the only thing I can really remember about the book I'm thinking of and the name sounds familiar...

You are right, that is a weird question! 

No, no cross-dressing in this one. 

Indie crime publisher Fahrenheit is having a sale on ebooks, everything is 85p. You have to get them direct from their website rather than the kindle store: 

https://fahrenheit-press.myshopify.com/collections/kindle-ebooks

and the discount is automatically applied at checkout. 

I decided to try Burke’s Last Witness by CJ Dunford and Iteration by Liz Monument :) 

• 5 weeks later...

The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton is one of the kindle daily deals today for £1.19 (I remember someone on here saying it was really good but I can't remember who!)

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo is also one of the daily deals for 99p, another book I've heard really good things about :)

19 hours ago, Hayley said:

The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton is one of the kindle daily deals today for £1.19 (I remember someone on here saying it was really good but I can't remember who!)

That may have been me? I listened to the audiobook, and thought it was very enjoyable.

14 hours ago, Athena said:

I enjoyed Six of Crows, though it's not a book for everyone. Would recommend if the synopsis appeals :). It's book 1 in a duology though!

I read the synopsis a while ago and wasn't sure. I liked the idea of the story in general but it sounded like it had a lot of main characters and I didn't know if that would make it a bit choppy or confusing. But I think it's worth trying for 99p! 

8 hours ago, bobblybear said:

That may have been me? I listened to the audiobook, and thought it was very enjoyable.

I think it was! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Gollancz have an ebook sale today for Gollancz Festival. There are quite a few 99p books (like The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie and The Gospel of Loki by Joanne Harris) and £1.99 books (including Ben Aaronovitch's Rivers of London).

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Raven said:

The complete His Dark Materials is just £3.99 on Kindle today.

That's really good!

Laura Purcell's The Corset is 99p too apparently and I'd recommend that if anyone's looking for a spooky /psychological sort of book.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Hayley said:

Orbit have loads of books for 99p at the moment. Including Arthur C. Clarke’s 2001: A Space Odyssey and Rosewater by Tade Thompson (which won the Arthur C. Clarke award for this year) :) 

Do you have a link?

2001 is 99p on Kindle, but Rosewater is still £6.49!

ETA:

Ignore the above, it is 99p, I was looking at the paperback price... 

Edited by Raven

On 27/11/2019 at 10:57 PM, Raven said:

Do you have a link?

2001 is 99p on Kindle, but Rosewater is still £6.49!

ETA:

Ignore the above, it is 99p, I was looking at the paperback price... 

Oops, sorry! Glad you found it in the end :lol:

Indie crime publishers Fahrenheit Press have their ebooks on sale for 50p. It doesn't look like they're on sale when you click the book but the discount is applied when you add it to basket. 

I just got 'Killer Instincts', 'Noirville' (which is an anthology so I felt like that was a particularly good deal!) and 'The Eternity Fund' (because I got Liz Monument's other book 'Iterations' a while ago and I think this one is related, if not a direct sequel). 

http://www.fahrenheit-press.com/books.html

For anyone who is interested in science fiction and who hasn't read it yet, the excellent The Player of Games by Iain M Banks is just 99p on the Kindle as part of Amazon's Cyber Monday sale.

Also, Arthur C Clarke's Rendezvous with Rama is also the same price.