Kindle and ebooks deals

Michelle

On 8/1/2018 at 10:42 PM, Raven said:

I have the paperback and found it got wearing after a while (Moffat, as ever, is trying to be that little bit too clever...).

Rose, by Russell T. Davis is much better!

Yep, the in-between bits did get tedious, but I did enjoy the story of it . 'Rose' may or may not have been acquired! :D

• 3 months later...

THE DANCING BEAR by FRANCES FAVIELL

Free (for this week, I think) for Kindle edition. 

Berlin during the decisive years from 1946 to 1949. … The prostitution which paid so handsomely; the black market which brought in rich rewards, although it meant that the Berliners had to part with treasured possessions; the night clubs which catered for still baser tastes; the impoverished intellectuals and the starving professors and the poor who had only their wits with which to eke out a bare sustenance—all this and much else the author describes with insight, incisiveness, and realism.’ TIMES LITERARY SUPPLEMENT

For a while now Justin Cronin's Passage Trilogy of books have been available (individually) for 99p each on Amazon UK. The three are 'The Passage', 'The Twelve' and 'The City of Mirrors'

In addition, the first book in Jodi Taylor supernatural thriller series, 'White Silence' is also currently 99p on Amazon UK

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Amazon have 5 Evelyn Waugh novels for 99p each today, along with 4 Thomas Harris (Hannibal Lecter) novels.

There are also a couple of John Wyndham novels (Triffids and Kraken Wakes) amongst the monthly offerings as well!

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2019 at 1:49 PM, Raven said:

Anyone interested in dinosaurs? 

The Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs by Steve Brusatte is 99p on Kindle today.  Not read it myself, but I've heard it is pretty good.

I bought this one. I'd seen the paperbook a few months back and kept picking it up and putting it back, unable to decide if I should buy it. But at £0.99, too good to resist! :D

5 hours ago, bobblybear said:

I bought this one. I'd seen the paperbook a few months back and kept picking it up and putting it back, unable to decide if I should buy it. But at £0.99, too good to resist! :D

Pretty much my thinking as well!

The first Discworld novel, The Colour of Magic, by Terry Pratchett, is one of the kindle daily deals for 99p :) 

There's also That Glimpse of Truth: The 100 Finest Short Stories Ever Written for £1.49. It sounds like it has a great mix of authors, I just got it myself. 

(Also, yay I can join in with this thread now that I have a kindle :D)

16 hours ago, Hayley said:

There's also That Glimpse of Truth: The 100 Finest Short Stories Ever Written for £1.49. It sounds like it has a great mix of authors, I just got it myself. 

(Also, yay I can join in with this thread now that I have a kindle :D)

Bought the short stories collection, and Yay for kindles, and being able to join in the kindling thread! :D

13 hours ago, Chrissy said:

Bought the short stories collection, and Yay for kindles, and being able to join in the kindling thread! :D

:yahoo:

There are loads of good ones this month! The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden is £1.99, I'd definitely recommend that.

I just got Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi (99p), The Sisters of the Winter Wood by Rena Rossner (99p) and The Familiars by Stacey Halls (£1.99). A nice treat to myself after a pretty stressful day! I'm thinking about The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton too. Probably not the kind of book I'd usually go for, but it's £2.49 in the monthly sale.

For the Doctor Who fans, three Doctor Who books are on offer for £1.99 each on both kindle and kobo (because apparently it's Dalek month):

Prisoner of the Daleks by Trevor Baxendale 

Remembrance of the Daleks by Ben Aaronovitch

The Dalek Generation by Nicolas Briggs

Just saw on twitter that The Murder of Harriet Monkton by Elizabeth Haynes is 99p on kindle and kobo.

The Binding by Bridget Collins is £1.99 on kindle too. 

Having this many amazing books on sale is dangerous, I think I need to set myself a monthly allowance :blush:

Spotted another one in the twitter wilds: Orion publishing has 5 of Ian Rankin’s Rebus books for 99p (each) on kindle:

Tooth and Nail

The Black Book

Mortal Causes

Resurrection Men

Even Dogs in the Wild

Looks like it’s UK only though, and only for today. 

• 3 weeks later...