Kindle and ebooks deals

Michelle

Just bought part three of Paul Cornell's Shadow Police series, Who Killed Sherlock Holmes, for £1.19 (it's one of the sci-fi fantasy novels on offer this month that I referred to above!).

Edited by Raven
Adding missing 'n'

35 minutes ago, Little Pixie said:

Patricia Wentworth

Lots of the Miss Silver mystery books are available for 99p - I`ve just taken 6 of them. I`ve read maybe 15 of them previously ; they`re Golden Age mysteries, a bit like a 1930`s Mary Stewart. :)

Goodreads

Ooh, I’m tempted with these! I’ve got a few Patricia Wentworth kindle books, but not any of the Miss Silver yet. And I loved Mary Stewart’s Madam, will you talk? These have luscious cover art too :D

Maybe read an excerpt and see how you like it ? The books have a retired Edwardian governess who sets herself up as an investigator, and ( usually ) have a woman in her 20s who gets drawn into a mystery and a romance. They're a nice read, though I wouldn't put them in the same class as authors like Margery Allingham or Ngaio Marsh. I do enjoy them enough to want to eventually read all of them though. :)

On 09/03/2018 at 10:41 PM, Little Pixie said:

Maybe read an excerpt and see how you like it ? The books have a retired Edwardian governess who sets herself up as an investigator, and ( usually ) have a woman in her 20s who gets drawn into a mystery and a romance. They're a nice read, though I wouldn't put them in the same class as authors like Margery Allingham or Ngaio Marsh. I do enjoy them enough to want to eventually read all of them though. :)

I'm into this type of genre at the moment (well more of an obsession really :blush:) I just "live" in a fantasy book world of the 1930 and 40s! :D. I loved Allingham's short stories. So I bought a couple of Patricia Wentworth's 99p too.

2 hours ago, Marie H said:

I'm into this type of genre at the moment (well more of an obsession really :blush:) I just "live" in a fantasy book world of the 1930 and 40s! :D. I loved Allingham's short stories. So I bought a couple of Patricia Wentworth's 99p too.

Hurray ! I have a long-running obsession with the American 30`s/40`s cosy mysteries - Richard and Frances Lockridge, Frances Crane, Stuart Palmer, Torrey Chanslor...:)

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Athena said:

Thanks for that :D!!

:D

Six of SJ Rozan`s Lydia Chin/ Bill Smith PI books are available for 99p atm ( I`ve read the first 4 in the series and loved them ; I`ve just taken books 6-11 :) ).

They`re more expensive in the US. :(

Edited by Little Pixie