Kindle and ebooks deals

Michelle

I didn't find anything that tickled my fancy this month, but I'm trying not to buy any books so that's not necessarily a bad thing! :lol:  I was a bit tempted by the Pompeii book by Mary Beard, but I don't read a lot of history and I worry I might put it off forever if I did get it. :roll:

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who likes historical fiction and is intrigued by the synopsis.

I've read it twice, 10 years apart, enjoyed both times. :)

• 4 weeks later...

April books of the month are up on Amazon, picked up two:

The Vorrh, by Brian Catling and

Nod, by Adrian Barnes

There are also a couple of Kurt Vonnegut novels I might go back for later, and Animal Farm is in today's daily deal.

The first two Adrian Mole books are 99p today (combined in an anniversary edition).

Not sure buying them was a good idea; read the first 10% in 20 minutes today, despite the critical acclaim at the time, it hasn't aged very well...

One of our old members, Michael, has a Kindle book available, free tomorrow, Sunday, UK time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Counting-Clouds-Michael-J-Dixon-ebook/dp/B06Y28KZCR/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1491645842&sr=1-1&keywords=counting+the+clouds

Michael has previously published a book, Kicking The Tyres, which was a rollicking good, adventure/action story with a good bit of romance thrown in and I expect this one to be just as an enjoyable read.

Hi Poppy in Aotearoa, I'm dual Kiwi/Brit and have just returned from the land of the long white cloud. Wellington, as they say, cannot be beaten on a sunny day. So special.

I tried to find Kicking the Tyres on Amazon but it didn't show up. I wish Michael success with his downloads - go everyone, it's free.

10 hours ago, Anna Faversham said:

Hi Poppy in Aotearoa, I'm dual Kiwi/Brit and have just returned from the land of the long white cloud. Wellington, as they say, cannot be beaten on a sunny day. So special.

I tried to find Kicking the Tyres on Amazon but it didn't show up. I wish Michael success with his downloads - go everyone, it's free.

Hi Anna! I love Wellington too, as far as cities go,  the wind adds to the vibrancy although it can make for some pretty lively landings at the airport. :lol: Hope you can make it back again soon.

I'm sorry, I should have said Kicking the Tyres was published in book form, not on Kindle (as far as I know anyway).

A Natural History of Dragons: A Memoir by Lady Trent by Marie Brennan, which Michelle and others were talking about recently, is in Amazon's Kindle Spring Sale for 99p.

Also in the same sale is The Rook, by Daniel O'Malley, also 99p.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New month, new deals, and this month there are quite a few good ones! (to many to mention them all, but I will get a plug in for The Day of the Triffids, in case anyone hasn't read it before - a bargin at  £1.99!).

I bought Lincoln In The Bardo by George Saunders from the daily deal today - I've heard it discussed on quite a few of my book podcasts and radio programmes, but it's not been out in hardback long, so full price hb edition is still £18.99, and paperback not due until Feb next year, so thought it would be a while before I bought it, but at only 99p today, I couldn't refuse.

• 4 weeks later...

Seen a good looking action thriller I'm going to try. It's free today, yesterday when I looked it was a few quid so must be on offer...

The Setting Of The Sun: It's time for a thriller based on the real-world by Max Crow
The Setting Of The Sun: It's time for a thriller based on the real-world 
by Max Crow 

Edited by chesilbeach
Link removed