Kindle and ebooks deals

Michelle

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are two sales on UK Kindle this month - the normal monthly deals page has Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks and The Bees by Laline Paull, both of which I'd recommend and there's also another batch of ebooks in the May Madness sale, so that might be worth a browse too.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe there are many people here who haven't already read it, but just in case, The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde is on 99p on the Kindle Daily Deal today.  Highly, highly recommended!!!! :D

I bought mine yesterday, and this is the first book by Jasper Fforde for me  :o . How did that happen!? Many people have raved about his books, but I have always shied away from his books... :giggle:  

I bought mine yesterday, and this is the first book by Jasper Fforde for me  :o . How did that happen!? Many people have raved about his books, but I have always shied away from his books... :giggle:  

Hurray ! Another possible convert.;)

:o Jasper Fforde is my favorite author of all times. His Thursday Next series is a very well-worn set of books on my shelf.

It really is a bit of a cult, isn't it? ;)

Oh, it is, it really is.  :D

Plock plock.  ;)

I think I`ve re-read the Thursday Next`s even more than the Harry Potter`s. :o

Plock to you too! I adore Thursday Next, and actually have frequent random Nextian thoughts,  :blush2:   :giggle2:

I can't believe there are many people here who haven't already read it, but just in case, The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde is on 99p on the Kindle Daily Deal today.  Highly, highly recommended!!!! :D

Bother, bother, bother - I forgot to buy it!  :(

Hurray ! Another possible convert. ;)

:giggle2: I think I still have a paperback of Lost in a Good Book somewhere, never to been read at all... :doh:

:o Jasper Fforde is my favorite author of all times. His Thursday Next series is a very well-worn set of books on my shelf.

Another reason for me to start ready these books  :smile: . It is going well, so far, but I'm only on the first chapter....

The first time I read it, I was like, "What the heck is going on?" Then I got to the end, loved it, and promptly flipped back to the front and started over. It's actually on my bedside table right now for its umpteenth go-around.

I think it`s my most gifted book for Christmases. :)

This is free at the moment -  The Crossing Places : Elly Griffiths.  No idea if it`s any good, but I do have it in my Tree Book pile. 

Also free in the US - Click.

Edited by Little Pixie

The first time I read it, I was like, "What the heck is going on?" 

Yup, that is the way I am feeling at the moment - from the first chapter it was so weird  :o  Dodos, Crimean war, time travel etc. etc.  :hide: 

I think it`s my most gifted book for Christmases. :)

It's definitely one that I recommend the most.

Yup, that is the way I am feeling at the moment - from the first chapter it was so weird  :o  Dodos, Crimean war, time travel etc. etc.  :hide: 

Press on, press on. It will all come together, and when it does, it'll be too late. You'll be ffully indoctrinated into the cult.