Your Book Activity Jan 2013

Michelle

Oh dear! :D I don't have anything to send in return, unless you'd like a copy of Grace (Eventually): Thoughts on Faith? I do have an extra copy of Kafka on the Shore but I'm sure you've already read it or have at least a copy on your TBR pile?

The first book doesn't really look like my kind of thing and I do already have a copy of Kafka on the Shore. I know that it can be awkward receiving a book with nothing to swap but the offer is open, just let me know. I won't force it on you, that's a bit evil :giggle:

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first book doesn't really look like my kind of thing and I do already have a copy of Kafka on the Shore. I know that it can be awkward receiving a book with nothing to swap but the offer is open, just let me know. I won't force it on you, that's a bit evil :giggle:

Well I'd be happy to read the book and if you'd like to send it to me, I'd be happy to receive it, thank you very much, that's very kind of you! :) But I tell you, I'm going to keep a close eye on your wishlist... :D

Football's never entertaining, read Zafon!!

:giggle2:

This game is, end to end stuff!! :D No choice here anyways with two football mad sons! Glad you finished it though, love Zafon, really must get around to reading The Angel's Game sometime soon... :)

Hah, truer words were never spoken! :roll:

I feel a support team coming along... :D

This game is, end to end stuff!! :D No choice here anyways with two football mad sons! Glad you finished it though, love Zafon, really must get around to reading The Angel's Game sometime soon... :)

Oh dear, they've got you :D Well at least you like dogs, too :giggle2: I have The Angel's Game to read, too, and the third novel in the series, but I feel like I'd like to re-read The Shadow of the Wind first, to get to the feel of the book and the characters, but I'm afraid it won't be as good as the first time I read the book.. I'd hate it if I didn't like it as much the second time around! :(

Oh dear, they've got you :D Well at least you like dogs, too :giggle2: I have The Angel's Game to read, too, and the third novel in the series, but I feel like I'd like to re-read The Shadow of the Wind first, to get to the feel of the book and the characters, but I'm afraid it won't be as good as the first time I read the book.. I'd hate it if I didn't like it as much the second time around! :(

I lurve football but then I was brought up with it, I didn't stand a chance! :D I think I have enough of TSotW still in my head but the reviews of TAG have put me off a little as reviewers have said it's not as good as TSotW, there's only one way to find out I suppose! :)

Having real trouble choosing a book to read now I have finished The Tenderness of Wolves. I think I have decided on The Final Reckoning by Sam Bourne, on the basis that it should be quite quick to read and not too challenging :)

Edit: my choices were a limited a bit in that I can't get the smell of onion and garlic off my fingers so I could only choose from paperbacks that I'm not too bothered about!

Edited by Ooshie

I've got the 12 days app on my iPad where you get a free gift everyday for 12 days and today its from the iBook store, The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Needless to say ive downloaded it because its been on my wishlist for a long time!

I hope you enjoy this book; it's such an epic story. I've read it twice and I plan on reading it again at some point (when I finished all my other books perhaps!).

Cold water and lemon juice works wonders!! :)

It also makes a nice drink on a summers day!

Also, if you have a glass of water with a lemon wedge squeezed into it, it'll take away the burn from spicy foods. :)

Haven't read much at all the last few days. Must remedy.

Also, if you have a glass of water with a lemon wedge squeezed into it, it'll take away the burn from spicy foods. :)

Haven't read much at all the last few days. Must remedy.

Surely you don't have spicy foods in Louisana/New Orleans. :)

Hey everyone!

I've read a fair few books this year, due to my purchase of '100 Classic Book Collection' for Nintendo DS during December. Since New Year's, I've read:

Little Lord Fauntleroy by Frances Hodgson Burnett

The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll

The Adventures of Pinnochio by Carlo Collodi

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle

The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas

The Call of the Wild by Jack London

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde by Robert Lewis Stevenson

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

I'm currently reading Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne, but I'm almost finished. I'll likely read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen after Eighty Days.

oh boy I can't wait to get my packages!

One order is being packed and the other is gathering from the warehouse.

I got a few non fiction books myself too! I'd say there would be more fiction books though. I can't wait to see if we did buy similar titles!

The $3 sale was just a selection of books, this 30% off is every book on the site. I have also noticed the pop up one I go to seems to be getting in less of a selection every time I look. They do deals though, not sure if yours is the same, but this one has them for $5 each or three for $10.

I got mine today! It was massive and very heavy. 24 books and 1 jigsaw puzzle. :D It's like Christmas all over again!

I haven't seen any 3 for 10 deals. I only ever see them for $5 each. Not to worry; this little lot I received today will keep me going for a while. ;)

I got a book in the mail today.... It's Noel Riley Fitch's Sylvia Beach and the Lost Generation: A History of Literary Paris in the Twenties & Thirties!!! :wub: Thank you Kylie, you have superb taste! :D

Thank you, m'dear. But actually, it is *you* who has superb taste - I just chose from your wish list! :D

Football's never entertaining, read Zafon!!

:giggle2:

So glad I'm not the only one that thinks that way! Sometimes it feels like I'm the only person in the world who hates football.

Goodness me, DJMonty! That's a heck of a lot of books to read in just a few days. Have you had a chance to sleep or eat? ;)

I lurve football but then I was brought up with it, I didn't stand a chance! :D I think I have enough of TSotW still in my head but the reviews of TAG have put me off a little as reviewers have said it's not as good as TSotW, there's only one way to find out I suppose! :)

Yeah, I've noticed people haven't seemed to take into the sequel as well as the first novel. And the third in the series is even lesser of a novel, I hear. But I think it's good that we've heard these none-too-pleasing comments and can adjust our expectations accordingly, and we might actually like them a'plenty because we won't expect too much from them :)

Thank you, m'dear. But actually, it is *you* who has superb taste - I just chose from your wish list! :D

Oh but you know that there are books-I-want on my wishlist and then there are books-I-seriously-want-asap-! on there, too :D And you always know which are the latter :friends3: Besides, I'm not sure if the title might actually be something I noticed first on your list and then snatched it for my own wishlist :D

So glad I'm not the only one that thinks that way! Sometimes it feels like I'm the only person in the world who hates football.

Hehehe :giggle2: Well, I will say that I'd rather watch footy than, say, Formula1.

Think I'm going to give 'Rebecca' a shot, it's been on the TBR shelf far too long. :)

It's been years since I read Rebecca, but I remember it as a really good read. Hope you enjoy it :)