Your Book Activity Jan 2013

Michelle

I decided to be very (and foolishly) good and wait until Jasper Fforde's ' The Woman Who Died A Lot' came out in paperback before I would own it.

IT ARRIVED TODAY!!!!! Guess what I will be diving into over the weekend. :D I have been reading another book that has been a bit of a struggle for me, so this is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful stuff. Woo & most definitely Hoo! :giggle2:

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started The. fault in our stare by John green and most talkative by Andy Cohen and still working on the passage

I'm reading The Fault In Our Stars right now too - in preparation for going to John's book tour on Wednesday! I'll be getting a signed copy of the book at the door! :D

I've finished reading The Secret of Crickley Hall. :)

I've tried to read 'Life As We Knew It' several times, but never managed to finish it. I enjoyed what I did read of it though :P

What did you think of Crickley Hall? I wasn't mad about it. And I read and quite enjoyed Life As We Knew It, I was certainly compelled to get to the end, though I never bothered reading beyond the first book in the series.

Today I recieved The Enchanted Places by Christopher Milne in the post - I'm so glad it's the weekend tomorrow as I have to read this and finish TFIOS by the end of Sunday or I'll explode! :D

Started a re-read of Mapp and Lucia by E. F. Benson for my reading group this month. This will be my third reading of it in five years, and it's still making me smile and chuckle, and I'm absolutely loving it. :D I'll be so glad to have someone to talk to about it, as I don't know anyone else who's read it.

I have this on my shelf Claire was it made into a TV programme as well ?

I've been busy, busy lately but have managed to keep up with my reading . I finished The Beach which i enjoyed very much, thanks to everyone who gave this the thumbs up. I also finished The Death & Life of Charlie St Cloud which wasn't my sort of book & i'm now about 100 pages away from finishing The Power Of One Bryce Courtenay which has been an outstanding read :smile:

Completed Toni Morrison's Sula - it was disturbing, to say that least.

But a kind of disturbing which makes you think, so I am glad I read it.

Have picked up The Woman in Black by Susan Hill, to read next.

(I hope it's not too scary!)