Your Book Activity Jan 2013

Michelle

I couldn't get into any of the books I tried to start last night :( I'm currently not reading anything!

Oh no, you must be sick, send for a doctor immediately.

I've finished Diver by Tony Groom and now I have no idea what to choose as my next read.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't get into any of the books I tried to start last night :( I'm currently not reading anything!

That is soooo frustrating! I hate it when I get like that. :empathy:

I'm about 80% through The Drowning Pool. It's ok...has gone downhill slightly.

Once I've finished, I'm going to read Off With Their Heads!: All The Cool Bits in British History. It's a short read, a children's book, but I think it's what I need to start with as my knowledge of history isn't the best.

Awwww :( Hope something tickles your fancy soon frankie :empathy:

Downloaded To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf for my reading group meeting next month'

:boogie: Yay!! (I think :D) :boogie:

I've just started one of the books you bought me Claire .. 'Q' by Evan Mandery and ooh .. I am liking it so far :) I rattled through the first 70 pages in no time last night so very readable. My reading mojo is thriving at the mo, I bet as soon as we hit February it'll run off somewhere and I'll have to go looking for it :lurker:

Completed White Fang (by Jack London) last night - what a splendid read!

For a book published in 1906 - it didn't feel "old" at all!

chaliepud, if you're reading this - please let me know when you pick up White Fang - I'd particularly love to know your thoughts on it :)

Kate (k.in.your.book), you were right - it was wonderful! :)

Have now picked up Sula by Toni Morrison.

I'm looking forward to enjoying this one!

Edited by bree

I haven't done as much reading as I'd like over the last couple of days, but I'm hoping to get a chunk done over the weekend. Aiming to have another two books finished by the end of January, and I also want to get into the habit of updating my book blog more often.

Oh no, you must be sick, send for a doctor immediately.

That is soooo frustrating! I hate it when I get like that. :empathy:

Awwww :( Hope something tickles your fancy soon frankie :empathy:

Thank you guys for the sympathy :flowers2: I think Brian's idea of sending for a doctor scared my modjo a bit and I found a book I got into right from the get-go and am very happy to read it: Ugly by Constance Briscoe. Of course it's not a happy book to read.. but I'm hoping to finish it soon so I can google the author and hopefully find out she turned out to have a happy life.

Got this the other day :D

Wow, now that is a book and a half! How many pages?

Edited by Devi

I've got a few chapters left of The Dead of the Night, so should finish that one today.

Although I've got the paperbacks and the Kindle editions aren't cheap, I have bought the Kindle version of the Lucia Victrix omnibus, which includes three books: Mapp and Lucia, Lucia's Progress, Trouble for Lucia. I've read them all read them all before, but Mapp and Lucia is my reading group book for next month, so I want to re-read it before then. I will download the other omnibus as some point too, as I want to re-read them all again. Brilliant books!

Reading the Lily Bard omnibus by Charlaine Harris. I don't normally like mysteries but these are awesome. Even better than Sookie Stackhouse!

I've not tried these, ladymacbeth, but I've added them to my wishlist now!

Reading Darkly dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay and an Olof Palme biography by Björn Elmbrandt.

Also reading classmates' bachelor theses/dissertations/c-essays (depending on where you live in the world...) as we are soon to oppose on each others' works. As well as texts for next course.

I'm reading The Bridge Over the River Kwai by Pierre Boulle. Interesting style, a bit reporter-like, but he truly puts across the emotion of the moment. Good stuff.