Your Book Activity Jan 2013

Michelle

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...I have some of those books, but they're not really on my TBR list at the moment. Oddly enough, I did see a video about the first book on youtube this morning :blink:

Actually I believe HBO is going to make a mini-series of at least part of the Outlander series.

I ended up putting off Outlander till after I read Borrowed Time by Robert Goddard.......whilst looking for a copy of Outlander I happened on the Goddard, and just couldn't resist. :lurker:

Yes, I am in awe.. how many pages was that?!

I am still enjoying The Wolf Within, although not all the information is new to me it's very interesting to read about a man that has dedicated his entire adult life to the beautiful wolf. :)

I read 'A Street Cat Named Bob' by James Bowen at the beginning of January. It's a book written by a homeless, recovering heroin addict, with the help of a journalist he met while out selling The Big Issue. It tells the story of how a cat found him and would follow him everywhere he went, he believes that the cat helped him fight his addictions and get him back on his feet. It's a very moving story which also shows how tough life is living on the street! After reading this book, i actually went and bought The Big Issue from a homeless man near my flat who is out in all weather with his pet dog!

I started reading 'Is It Just Me?' by Miranda Hart, the comedian, yesterday. It's actually really funny! She shares many of her personal embarrassments and humiliations and interrupts throughout with her 18-year-old self giving updates of her boarding school life! A great read! :)

Hurrah! :D

I was getting a bit worried that only Laura had mentioned it (that I've seen!). Thanks, Laura. :hug:

My copy arrived a couple of days ago - and I'll be starting on it soon.

We'll turn for the reading circle, don't you worry Janet :D

Completed Lajja last night.

I didn't like the book - but the messages it tried to convey were disturbing - and I couldn't sleep for a long time (and didn't let my partner sleep as well - as I kept bombarding him with all my questions and confusion)

Have picked The Room Upstairs by Johanna Reiss - and I'm looking forward to enjoying this.

I'm a good few pages into Island by Jane Rogers now, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. The writing is brilliant, I think, and while the film adaptation (which I watched first) may not have been much cop, I can definitely see why someone enjoyed the story enough to want to adapt it. I can't wait to see how it varies from the film, and I may check out some of Rogers other work too.

I read 'A Street Cat Named Bob' by James Bowen at the beginning of January. It's a book written by a homeless, recovering heroin addict, with the help of a journalist he met while out selling The Big Issue. It tells the story of how a cat found him and would follow him everywhere he went, he believes that the cat helped him fight his addictions and get him back on his feet. It's a very moving story which also shows how tough life is living on the street! After reading this book, i actually went and bought The Big Issue from a homeless man near my flat who is out in all weather with his pet dog!

I read this too a couple of months ago, and enjoyed it a lot. It certainly makes you see Big Issue sellers in a different light! :)

I started reading 'Is It Just Me?' by Miranda Hart, the comedian, yesterday. It's actually really funny! She shares many of her personal embarrassments and humiliations and interrupts throughout with her 18-year-old self giving updates of her boarding school life! A great read! :)

I buy big issue more often now too :) I bet their sales went up after that book was released!

Still reading Deep Powder and Against My Will.

Deep Powder is driving me insane. I can't remember the last time I read a book with so many mistakes! And I don't mean spelling mistakes, I meean coninuety and actual facts. Haven't reached the 50 page mark yet though and I don't allow myself to give up until then.

I've read a bit more in Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson - Wheel of Time #13: Towers of Midnight but I'm a little ashamed to admit that in most of my spare time, I rearranged book shelves, went onto book sites etc. and read this forum :blush2:. In short I've been busy with books, but not that much with actually reading them XD. But I'm having fun.

I'm determined to finish at least three, if not four, of the books that I'm reading by the end of my long weekend - Monday evening. One is nearly finished, two are about half way, and the third is about a third in. I would like to get them finished.

I still haven't finished Three Men in a Boat. I feel like I'm coming down with a cold, so haven't read much the last two days. I tried to read last night but fell asleep around 8pm. :o Last I recall, they have set off on their boat, so the adventure begins!