Your Book Activity Jan 2013

Michelle

For a spoiler, you can either type the text you want in tags, highlight it and then click on the blue and green stripy square in the tool bar at the top left-hand side of the reply box and select spoiler from the drop-down box, or, if you can't remember that, merely type [ spoiler] at the beginning of the text you want to hide and [/ spoiler] at the end, but without the space before the word spoiler. Hope that helps. :)

Thank you Janet It does help, my mind was totally blank! (nothing new lately!!) ;)

I'm so happy you enjoyed the novel :D Everybody needs a friend like Sonya :yes::giggle2: Good luck with your next read, I hope it'll keep your mojo happy :smile2:

(If you need help with spoilers, first select the text you want in spoilers. The for the spoiler: it's the third icon from the left, right before the 'font' thing. Click on it, and you'll get a list of different functions and somewhere there is 'spoiler', click on that and that should do it :))

Edit: Hehehe! When I was reading through pipread's post, I noticed that Janet's reading this thread, too, and I just had this feeling she'd be helping pipread with the spoiler tags and I'd be too late :D

Thanks for the help Frankie! I'm certain Jo Nesbo will continue to keep the mojo happy and content. :smile:

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost finished with Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet in paperback, really enjoying it and don't want it to end.

On the kindle I'm reading Sebastian Faulk's latest (A Possible Life?) as a review copy for the blog. Second one in a row I've fould disappointing from Faulks, but prefering it to A Week in December.

I'm 130 pages into 11.22.63 by Stephen King and its absolutely brilliant so far. This is my first ever King novel and like his style!

I've never read any Stephen King (have It on my TBR, but only because the boyfriend tends to decide I'll read anything he doesn't want!) and he never really appealed to me but I've heard a lot of good things about 11.22.63 and I like the sound of it

My next read will be Phantom - Jo Nesbo. I'm so looking forward to it :smile:

I bought Phantom the other day and am really looking forward to it, too :)

I'm 130 pages into 11.22.63 by Stephen King and its absolutely brilliant so far. This is my first ever King novel and like his style!

I have been a big Stephen King fan over the years but had gone off his stuff for a while, but I really liked 11/22/53 as well :)

I'm still reading Destiny of the Republic, A Tale of Madness, Medicine and the Murder of a President by Candice Millard. I'm about half way through, and really, it is infuriating. All the danger signals, all the mismanagement is simply appalling.

I've also picked up Dangerous Instincts, Use an FBI Profiler's tactics to avoid unsafe situations. by Mary Ellen O'Toole, Ph.D. and Alisa Bowman. Lots of good advice, a great deal of which, at my age seems common sense. But as common sense is not all too common............. :doh:

On the kindle I'm reading Sebastian Faulk's latest (A Possible Life?) as a review copy for the blog. Second one in a row I've fould disappointing from Faulks, but prefering it to A Week in December.

Which of his other books have you liked? I haven't bought A Possible Life yet and am wondering whether to do so as like you I have been disappointed by some..

Which of his other books have you liked? I haven't bought A Possible Life yet and am wondering whether to do so as like you I have been disappointed by some..

Birdsong is probably my favourite, really enjoyed Engleby too. Liked most of them actually, just not A Week in December, and it took a very long time for me to get into Human Traces, but I enjoyed it in the end. Only ones I haven't read are A Fool's Alphabet and Pistache. Oh and Devil May Care. Of his fiction anyway

Edited by Lucybird

I finished reading the enjoyable YA dystopian novel 'Across The Universe' by Beth Revis last night. I hadn't realised that it was the first of a trilogy, but I have just downloaded part two to my kindle.

I dunno - like I need more books! :doh::giggle2:

Glad you're enjoying it, I was thinking of getting of the audiobook of this. It is read by Alfred Molina, which can't be bad.

Ooh yeah, that's the Stephen Mitchell translation, which is the one that initially grabbed my attention - I read a bit of it and thought it was fantastic. It was the version I really wanted but it's only out in a massive hardback version at the moment and I couldn't wait :lol: I may (as in 'probably will') get it when the paperback comes out later this year :smile:

The Robert Fagles translation I'm reading has got an (abridged) audiobook version read by Derek Jacobi. I'm 300 pages into it, now, so about 250 to go.

Stayed up late last night/early this morning to finish Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. Lovely book to start the year. Highly recommended.

Planning on going to the library either later today or after work tomorrow. I'm running a challenge so I need to read my first book for that. The challenge is all about reading what you normally wouldn't so for January I'm picking a random book off the shelves in a section I don't usually frequent. Mainly excitedf and a little nervous to get started!

I finished The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey at the weekend. I thought it was okay, but nothing to rave about, although I am aware that I am very much in the minority with that view!

Started reading Ape House by Sara Gruen yesterday, and I like that a lot so far.

I finished The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey at the weekend. I thought it was okay, but nothing to rave about, although I am aware that I am very much in the minority with that view!

Started reading Ape House by Sara Gruen yesterday, and I like that a lot so far.

Have The Snow Girl on my kindle (it was on offer during the 12 days of Kindle), but it's not top of my list to read.

Ape House is on my wishlist, may borrow it from the library tomorrow, I did like Water for Elephants.

I just bought 4 new books, as they were 2 for £3 in The Works. I got:

• The Secret of Crickley Hall by James Herbert
  • Beauty by Robin McKinley
  • Insatiable by Meg Cabot
  • The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa.

I decided to get The Secret of Crickley Hall as I enjoyed the TV series, and have read a couple of James Herbert books before. I saw it in Waterstones just before I went in The Works. It was £8.00 in there, but £1.99 in The Works!

Insatiable and The Immortal Rules I bought because of the authors.

I have no idea what to expect from Beauty though. I guess I bought it because it was cheap and I liked the cover.

^ I've had Insatiable on my wishlist for ages - it came out in the States over a year before we got it, and then it wasn't available on Kindle or was extortionately expensive, so I still haven't got round to getting it yet. Will look forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

I've finished The people of Sparks by Jeanne Duprau as my first book this year (I'm having quite the slow start this year) and started Dark Moon by Claire Knightley

I have The City of Ember series on my TBR list. I'm really looking forward to reading those ones :)

Today was a good day for reading & i finished The Red Tent Anita Diamant which was a really good read. I'm going back to the Sharpe series for my next read, Sharpe's Havoc Bernard Cornwell.

Today was a good day for reading & i finished The Red Tent Anita Diamant which was a really good read.

I loved Red Tent....one I think every woman should try and read.

Today was a good day for reading & i finished The Red Tent Anita Diamant which was a really good read. I'm going back to the Sharpe series for my next read, Sharpe's Havoc Bernard Cornwell.

I read The Red Tent just before Christmas and though it was great. :D I'd never have picked it up if it wasn't for the fact it was my book club book. :)

Enjoying 'My Dear, I wanted to tell you'...bit gruesome in parts though.

I read this one for book club too. I thought the comparison to Birdsong on the cover was a bit misleading (Birdsong had more... omph) but I very much enjoyed it as a good yarn. :)