What's up in January

Lilywhite

Snowing pretty heavily at the airport today, I managed to get into work fine but I think I'll be staying here for the night. I'm impressed that the airport is still open, they really have learnt from past years snow.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luton, :grinhat::coolsnow:

Steve used to work at Luton Airport (as it was called then!) and it used to close at the merest covering of snow!! It used to be a nightmare trying to direct the planes to somewhere they could land!

Lots of snow here, I'm not too far from June and we have at least 2 inches here.. School letting kids go at 1.25pm, just hoping the buses can navigate the fearsome Red Road!

We had our hottest night on record for my town last night, it was still 37 degrees at 7am this morning. Right now the temp is 17 degrees, my body doesn't know whether to be hot or cold! :giggle2:

Edited by Devi

Bit of a hairy drive to work this morning in the dark and fog and it was still snowing as well. Saw one accident and a few vehicles stopped with hazard warning lights on. The worst part was getting to the car park which is down a hill and had two inches of virgin snow on it. Fortunately drive home was much, much better, despite there having been more snow and it's still coming down, the roads themselves were fairly clear now other traffic has been out and about. Hoping it'll clear by Monday, but looks like forecast is for more snow for the rest of today and again on Sunday.

Edited by chesilbeach

Lots of snow here too. We closed the nursery early. Shouldn't have opened at all really. Luckily my collegue could give me a lift most of the way home as it takes me an hour on the bus in normal conditions, and only 20 mins in the car. Still took us almost 2 hours to get home though.

I do kind of like being at work on a snow day though- gives you an excuse to play it it!

This is what I did today at lunch time, my friend Sarah decided to film it. This is an accurate representation of my maturity level.

That made me smile. Btw, you have a great accent.

Got home in about the usual amount of time despite the snow, most of the main roads are nice and clear of snow.

My kindle just broke...I think I might cry :(

Oh noooooo! :( I hope you can fix it somehow :(

That made me smile. Btw, you have a great accent.

Hahaha thanks! I got asked if I was American the other day when I was training some people but I think I sound pretty Irish!

Must be a fun lunch :P

It was! Fortunately the can never fell over, because it had coke in it!

Oh poor Dylan! :blush: Over here doggies usually like snow and they play with it, loads! I don't know many dogs who would hate snow.

He used to like it when he was younger, not so fond anymore, Obi loves it though but he's harder to take pics of as he doesn't stand still, his favourite game is catching snowballs! :D

Beautiful pictures chaliepud!

Thanks Bree, it looks lovely until it all turns to slush!

it does look pretty Chalie.....mostly because it's there and not here!

You're welcome to take some, but sadly it doesn't look like that anymore, the kids had a snowball fight out front and destroyed it! :D