Poppyshake's Reading Year 2013

poppyshake

woohoo!! I thought it was :b7ydance: .. that takes me to 127 :) .. now that's only ... *runs to get calculator* .. 874 to go!! Given that it's taken a lifetime to read 127 .. I'm not hopeful :D

Wohoo, that's great progress!! :yes:

It's funny how we get prejudices about books and authors .. I've got one about Coelho and I don't even know why :confused: Glad you overcame yours and read TTMR :)

Oh dear... You have to excuse me plenty (I've had a few glasses of wine.... :blush:) but what is TTMR? Oh dear Coelho is bad. Bad bad bad. But then again, it's only my humple (yes, I noticed I wrote humple, and I thought I would leave it as such, and wonder tomorrow if 'humple' actually meant something funny :D) opinion... :blush:

Yes, you've not quite let that one go yet have you? :giggle2: I like all the other pics too but don't know if I have room for them .. or money to buy them with :blush2: 

Thanks frankie :friends0: .. I will pass your condolences congratulations on to Alan. He keeps threatening to join the BCF actually .. which is a terrifying thought. I would have to clean up my act quick sharp and drop the Colin Firth comments ;) Anyway, if he had a bookblog on here it would be sadly neglected like his Goodreads account which I always end up updating   :shrug: bless him though .. between working and mixing pink paint he hasn't got a lot of time :D 

Ooooooh! How long has mister Alan been threatening to join the forum?!? He would be a great ... what's the word... oh yes. Addition!! Although I do know what you mean... Eventhough you two are married and have no secrets, this is your home home home place...

Oh dear. I think I have to go... to a bar. The last time I went alone it was no good. Keep your fingers crossed I don't run into any of those fellows who seem promising but then rip my heart out when I've let my guard down :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll really have to come back to this thread tomorrow and see that I haven't been writing all kinds of odd things, under the influence of a few glasses of wine... :blush: But in the meantime: Poppyshake: you are my literary soulmate. I never thought I'd find someone whose tastes are so like mine!! :D It's really odd but wonderful.

And while I'm on the subject and while Kylie's here on the board :giggle2: Kylie you're awesome!

And Claire! So are you :giggle2:

*stopping all babble now*

I've seen the title of this come up here and there these last few months, and it's always reminded me of a James Herriot book. I checked him on wikipedia and he doesn't actually have a title in English that resembles the title of Balding's book, but I'm suspecting the Finnish translation title is what's making me confused. I tried reading the Herriot book once but didn't like it for some reason :shrug: So I just never really gave this book a chance. Now I've read your review and I'm adding it to my wishlist :) I'm not a fan of horses, either, they scare me and I'd just rather keep away... But if you still managed to read the book and enjoy it, I think I will be safe, too!

I don't like horses much as I said but it wasn't a problem with this book .. and there are lots of doggy anecdotes which you will love. Perhaps it helps to know Clare already .. but I still think you would enjoy it :) As Claire has already said .. you might be thinking of Gerald Durrell's book My Family and Other Animals which Clare (there are lots of Clares/Claires in this paragraph :D) reversed for her title.

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making

This one's going on my wishlist! :)

Oh I'm glad .. lovely book .. very inventive. I almost wished I was a child again but then I don't want to sit in a pub carpark making a bottle of pop and a packet of crisps last all night so :shrug: .. actually I think they'd lock parents up for doing that these days.

Down and Out in Paris and London

'Plongeur'? It makes me think of a fancy way to pronounce (and spell) plunger. Somebody plunging a toilet or a sink. A plunger in the kitchen? I hate to think what they were cooking!!

:D I don't think Plongeur's were allowed to cook .. I think they only did the swabbing down and washing up etc. The way he described the kitchen floors though would put you off eating in restaurants forever .. they'd all be skidding about on slime by the end of the day :o I've always wanted to read Orwell but Janet has made me extra eager :)

Death Comes to Pemberley

What a great review of the book. Trust you to feel the same way about it... :lol: I gave it an annoyed 1/5. And I agree with what you said: P.D. Spent so much time recounting the P&P it was getting really boring. Yes, she had to go through the story for the sake of the people who don't know it, but she could've edited... The editor should've edited... The publisher should've edited... And if nothing else, the printing people should've edited!! Somebody! Plz!

I agree with you totally. I was so disappointed because it was my first PD James and I had high hopes (and what with the connection to P&P and all .. bound to be good I thought.) I haven't given up on her but this .. though overlong and boring .. seemed hasty. As though they knew it would fly off the shelves so they didn't put enough thought into it. I've always heard her books highly praised for plot invention etc so .. like I said I'm not giving up yet (but two strikes and you're out PD :D)

The Boy with No Shoes

I've missed this review before, so I'm really happy I didn't only read your latest reviews but went over some of the earlier pages, too, and read them.... I do my fair share of 'misery reading' but I wouldn't say I'm a fan... But this one sounds like the kind of book I would like to read. As contradictory as that seems, because what's there to 'like' per se.

Is William Horwood a very popular author? :shrug: I don't think I've ever heard of him before this... 

I don't know if you'd call him popular .. he wrote a lot of mole books .. not Adrian of course but actual moles (Ducton Wood, Duncton Quest, Duncton Found etc) which were sort of like Watership Down only .. with moles :blush2: I read Duncton Wood actually .. ages ago but enjoyed it. He has written other books like Skallagrigg and also a lot of sequels to Kenneth Grahame's The Wind in The Willows.

The biog .. though it isn't a straight biog (as he fictionalised it) was quite brilliant ... I couldn't put it down :) 

Dickens - Simon Callow

It's funny that when I started reading your review on this, I was thinking how you've already read a few bios on Dickens and how this might fare against them. Then I read this: ”Actually I think it’s an ideal biography to read if you want a good overall account without getting bogged down in detail.”

Score :D

Sounds intriguing, and it's going on the W-list :cool: 

:D I think it's the ideal one to begin with because some of the others are so detailed that you can get bogged down. It wouldn't matter either if you left it at that as he covers everything thoroughly .. though I am far from putting anyone off reading books .. so I will put in a good word for Peter Ackroyd as well :D  

And Then There Were None

I enjoyed reading your review on this, I find it interesting that there are still apparently people who haven't yet read the book (I'm not criticising, though!!). This wasn't my personal first ever Agatha Christie, but it is one of the two-three favorites of mine :) I would recommend Murder on the Orient Express if you want to continue on the path and want to read another good 'un :) Poirot's in it, so you would have to try and get along with him for a while....

And like you, I had no idea what was happening and how. It was mind boggling! :D

Have I got Murder on the Orient Express? ... *scoots to the bathroom to look* .. ooh I have .. well done me :D I do like Poirot, I liked him immensely in The Murder of Roger Ackroyd .. it's just my collection is one-sidedly Poirot and it would be nice if it was more balanced. I like her writing, she writes the sort of crime books I like (there's no gore :D) I can almost hear the grandfather clock ticking in the hall when I read her .. I haven't got a grandfather clock and what's more .. I haven't got a hall :giggle2: 

This sounds like my kind of thing but I'm very hesitant about adding it (or the sequels) to my wishlist because I don't know Sarah Miles :blush: I bet it would be a lot more fun if I had any idea who she is... Well of course you did a fine job of introducing her to us, but I meant it would be nicer if I'd seen her on something or another... Maybe I have but don't know it!

I knew of her .. but could hardly recall her in anything (she must have made a very small acting dent to be so forgettable :D;) ) .. I already knew she was quite controversial. That's the word that came to mind before when I thought of her .. it comes to mind even more now I've read about her :D

Some of her film credits ..

Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines, Ryan's Daughter, Lady Caroline Lamb, Hope and Glory and White Mischief.

Miss Poppy

Love the pink bookshelf and it does look better with the books color-coordinated .

Also, the Hubster's Grandmother's name was Arminta Belle.

Thank you dear Julie :) Now that really is a name .. I could really be somebody if I had that name  :D   

I don't think I can get the quotes working, though, so I'll be using a color scheme... I'll put your books and quotes in some nice bold purple, the way you might like it :smile2:

Moll Flanders by Danie Defoe

I just realised I have no idea what purple really is :D I don't know all the Finnish colors, either, so even if I got the Finnish translation of 'purple' right, I might still get the color wrong... Okay googled so I assume that's pretty much okay.

Okay back to your review on the book! (Would you like some syrup with the waffle I've made you... :giggle:)

Yet another book we agree upon :D But wait, there's a book you've recently mentioned which we disagree upon... Just wait... :D As for this one, at least you got to cross it off the 1001 list :lol:

I'm getting in a right old pickle with the quotes etc .. my head's hurting :D I love syrup with waffles but can I have some bacon too please because I've never had it and nearly everyone else on the planet has :D 

Yes, when you can cross a title of that old list it does make trudging through it seem more worthwhile :D 

Ooh I wonder which book we disagree on? I daresay you're right whichever one it is :yes: 

I AM LOVING THE PURPLE

Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple

I was really happy to hear that you enjoyed the book, it having the kind of covers and title that just grabs you, and the blurb...

Especially when you were going in the direction where I thought oh boy, this was one of those one-in-ten books... :D You wicked thing, you!

The covers don't speak to me, personally, neither does the title :shrug: But from the blurb I see how it might be a good read, and your review is certainly advocating this school of thought, but I wonder if this, in the end, is just not my kind of book. Is it chick-littish? I don't

mind chick-lit at all, but if this case I might not bear it..?  

That is hilarious .. I've quoted you and the whole post turned purple .. and I've turned purple too :giggle2: that is my writing has .. I've not checked but I think I'm still a normal colour (green :D)

It is a bit chick-littish but not overly so. It has a bit more wit than your normal chick lit book but then I'm probably biased. If you're at all wary then I'd steer clear frankie .. you are disappearing under your wishlist pile as it is. Unless you see it at a bargain price somewhere or at the library .. in which case you may as well give it a go (this is one that you would be chucking at me from the window .. my favourite book would come thumping down from the heavens as it were  :D

The Queen of Whale Cay by Kate Summerscale

Great review (as always!) :) I remember you nominated this for a reading circle last year, or maybe in 2011... I believe it was the circle I was to host, so that's why I remember (no, I'm not a stalker :blush:). I'm glad you finally got the read the book :D

Carstairs sounds like a really interesting, quirky character, but I agree with you, she doesn't sound all that lovely and endearing, not

having liked animals etc. And the doll? That's pretty weird... It's totally different from having your own Bimbo. Alan's not afraid of

Bimbo, is he? And neither are anyone else in your circle of friends? That's what I thought.

Going on my wishlist... I'm going to have to count how many books I'm going to add to my wishlist thanks to reading your reading log today :D Well at least Wonder I already had on my wishlist, so eventhough your review of it was great and made me want to read it, I can't blame that on you and you alone :D 

Oh .. normal service has been resumed :D

This one had been on the shelf for a while .. someone had recommended it on the TV .. I'm not sure who now but anyway it sounded like my sort of thing (and she was weird so definitely my sort of thing :giggle2:) Goodness only knows what you'll make of it.

No-one's afraid of Bimbo .. he used to growl when you turned him upside down but I left him outside in the rain overnight once (I was young and heedless :blush2:) and he's been mute ever since. He's bald in places too and his nose isn't what it was but he's still very handsome in my eyes (but he's still not getting his own cheque book). My mum tells me that he was supposed to be a koala  :o .. all I can say is the factory that made him cannot ever have seen a koala (for a start he was orange??) Koala's aren't bears of course but in the 70's we thought they were :giggle:    

Edited by poppyshake

The Journal of Dora Damage by Belinda Starling

This is most certainly going on my wishlist! Despite/partly because of the perverseness :giggle2: Seriously speaking, sounds like a great read, and I was very sorry to read that the author had passed on so soon after finishing the novel :( Adds a certain gloominess to the book.

Everyone is interested in the perverseness :D all I can say is .. be prepared to have your stomach churned missy :D

It is sad that she didn't get to see it succeed .. or go on to write others :(

Moonlight in Odessa by Janet Skeslien Charles

Now we are moving on to something I said you'd have to wait and see... No, I've not read this book, but I've read the Ukrainian Tractor book and that one I didn't like :o And I assume you did, going by your non-loathing reference to the book in this review.

You said that if one likes the UT book, this should be a pleasing read, too... I didn't enjoy the former, and therefore I'm a bit hesitant with this one, too, but then again, why bear grudges (it's not like we're talking MB or Tess :giggle2:), I'll see if I like this one. I like the premise after all :)

Ahh that's the book we disagree on :giggle2: .. I must admit I did like Ukranian Tractors ( :D can't be bothering with the whole title) .. it made me laugh. Though it was a while back and I can't totally remember it :giggle: This is set in the Ukraine so totally different in one way because the other was Brit based .. though the humour is similar because in the tractor book (it's getting shorter :D) most of the laughs were coming from the dad who was Ukranian and his Ukranian bride-to-be. Plotwise they're not that similar so you're wise not to totally rule it out :D 

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

I'm so sorry that you didn't get along with the audio version :( I really dislike it when a perfectly good and enjoyable book is in some way or another 'lessoned' by the audio version. But then again, all adaptions run the risk of it... I hope you will forget all about it and then come by the booky version in the future and read it :giggle2:

Anyhow, this is totally up my alley and will go on the wishlist!

I've got an Audible account and have been struggling to find titles to listen to .. I wanted something a bit different so checked my Amazon wishlist and then checked to see what Audible had .. this was one of the ones that came up and I didn't listen to the voice sample .. which I normally do. It's possible that I still would've downloaded it as there's nothing wrong with the voice per se .. it just didn't go with my idea of someone with Aspergers (which could be totally wrong .. I was probably taking my reference from Rain Man :roll2: ) .. it belonged more on a Foster's lager advert :D

I think you'll like the book :smile: .. I will read it one day.

A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen

Call me shallow, but had I known what James looks like, I would've already ordered a copy of this … :giggle: I'm an awful person!

I do have this already on my wishlist, it sounds like a great read all in all. I like these kinds of doggy/kitty books. :yes:

And Bob's so adorable, too! :)

You're not at all shallow you're just stating the facts .. they are both extremely cute :D It is a great read .. James said that no-one has ever shown him such affection before .. that's sad in a way but it must have been some sort of fate that the two of them should meet and help each other out .. awwww .. isn't the world a nice place? .. sometimes :D

The Tiny Wife by Andrew Kaufman

A really great review, I don't think I've ever heard of this novella but it's definitely going on my wishlist :D I love odd reads. They might go straight above my head, but that's alright :)

Now, I was sure I'd sent this to you? .. however, it was some time ago and I may be misremembering. It's definitely odd .. it probably wins the odd crown :D

Dot by Araminta Hall

Yes, this is going on my wishlist as well. Honestly, reading your book log is very very dangerous... I'm now going to count the titles going on my wishlist because of you:

(The Misremembered Man I had already added the last time, as well as The Girl Who Circumnavigated)

Okay I'm adding 12 books... !!! :D No, wait, I don't think I already have The Queen of Whale Cay, so it's 13 books! Other titles I have mentioned while reading your log are ones that have already been added before. Sheesh!

I hope you'll like Dot .. you will most certainly get angry with certain characters but it's a good read (actually I listened to this one too and somehow the toing and froing got more muddled because of it .. I think again it would be better read .. though the narrator was good in this instance). 13 books isn't so many :blush2: .. it's good to have them in your head for when you mooch about the book stalls and libraries etc. I know you're adding them to your already prodigious wishlist but at the very least it gives you choice :D

I will hide though when/if you get around to reading them :lurker::hide:   :D 

You know if Alan joined BCF it would give him another way to tell you to read Carter Beats The Devil. I can just see it now ... :D  Perhaps you ought to start it now, just in case! :lol:

:o You are right Claire :o No .. I can't give in so easily .. there would be no end to it.

I can see Alan's bookblog now with all the tumble weed blowing through it and me going on it occasionally to nag :D I'm not one to tell tales but ... *whispers* .. he only read one book last year :o He's doing rather better this year but can you imagine his blog with one book on it :giggle2: .. it would have to be a cracking review to sustain interest for a year :D 

Oh .. I feel mean now when he mixed my paint and all :blush2: He won't know :lurker: and I'll bake him a cake tomorrow to make up :smile: 

Oh as if... It would be bloody heavenful if I lived next door to you!! :smile2: Honest! If I'm being very, very serious, and going through books in my mind, and my dislikes and likes, you are honestly the person on here who has the most similar reading tastes to mine. One of these days I'm going to fly over to UK and meet you, and then you'll be sorry :lol: :lol:

Awww .. :thanx: I wouldn't be in the least bit sorry. I'd chew your passport up so you couldn't go home .. or I'd get my dog to chew it up (and you're right .. I haven't got a dog but I would get one .. just for the chewing and also because it would make you want to stay :D)

It's not posting comments I'm afraid, it's just that it really doesn't make any sense leaving your reading log to the last, if there's many to go through. This might not make sense to you, but yours is one of my favorite reading log, and just like with a bag of candy, I usually leave the best ones til last. Unfortunately the candy bag on here is so plentiful that I have to go through a lot of great reading blog candy until I can get to yours, one of the best! :blush:

I do sympathise ... it takes me ages to read through everybody's too but it's all such a pleasure. I am glad this is one of your favourites but it's not one of mine :giggle2: .. I'm just glad I don't have to plough through it.

I'd be more afraid about the matches comment, than the third person dialogue.... Matches... I've been watching too many eps of Criminal Minds! Now, I have to ask: do you still wet your pajamas. Do you harm animals. If not, we're safe :D You're not a sociopath :D

Are those ways of telling then? .. I will be on the watch :D 

I did wonder about the pink... Because I remember your purple thing... Although I have to say, didn't the socks I sent you (courtesy of Mum) have pink and turquoise in them? But I did think you were more purple than pink :)

My favourite pinks are the more strong pinks .. I don't really like Barbie pink .. though I suppose the shelf could be called Barbie pink :blush2: My absolute favourites though are red and blue .. and turquoise is one of my fave blues so I couldn't be happier with my socks. They are having a rest as we are in heatwave mode still (and I am mostly in bare feet) but they're gearing up for the winter which should arrive in September :D 

Who's Mr Pooter? It's one of those things I don't get as a foreign person, sorry :) Awww Alan's so nice, mixing the paints... You two are my idols!

Kylie has excellently described him .. he's such a dear though awwww :smile: Alan is nice mixing the paint .. but then I made him a cheese sandwich so fair's fair :D I wouldn't want you to think it's all 'Waltons' here or anything .. this afternoon he said 'I'm going into the kitchen where I can't hear you' :o  :giggle2: 

Oh dear... You have to excuse me plenty (I've had a few glasses of wine.... :blush:) but what is TTMR? Oh dear Coelho is bad. Bad bad bad. But then again, it's only my humple (yes, I noticed I wrote humple, and I thought I would leave it as such, and wonder tomorrow if 'humple' actually meant something funny :D) opinion... :blush:

I love it that your typing is tipsy :D I think you've created a new word in humple and I very much like it .. I am your humple servant :D TTMR is The Talented Mr Ripley frankie .. the book we were talking about before your 71st glass of wine :D Oh .. is Coelho bad? .. I must have instinctively known that .. I'm sure it will prove to be my humple opinion too :D

Ooooooh! How long has mister Alan been threatening to join the forum?!? He would be a great ... what's the word... oh yes. Addition!! Although I do know what you mean... Eventhough you two are married and have no secrets, this is your home home home place... 

Yes .. some places are sacred frankie .. I haven't got a cave like he has :D It would be very odd if he did join .. I mean .. would I speak to him? .. on the forum. Why wouldn't I just yell out across the room? :D I'm sure lots of other people would speak to him but .. ooh .. what if he started to give me book recommendations :o I mean .. it's been difficult enough keeping him and his 'you must read Carter Beats the Devil' at bay .. what if he had other recommendations ;) What if he wanted a say in how the bookshelves were arranged  :thud: 

Oh dear. I think I have to go... to a bar. The last time I went alone it was no good. Keep your fingers crossed I don't run into any of those fellows who seem promising but then rip my heart out when I've let my guard down :D

Oh :o are your trousers secure? .. make sure they at least are secure before you go to the bar. Oh dear .. oh dear .. I've spent so long now in quoting quotes hell that you've probably already left. I'm worried now because of all the 'humples' and stuff .. there's no knowing what you might say or do. I hope your guard stays up along with everything else :giggle2: 

I'll really have to come back to this thread tomorrow and see that I haven't been writing all kinds of odd things, under the influence of a few glasses of wine... :blush: But in the meantime: Poppyshake: you are my literary soulmate. I never thought I'd find someone whose tastes are so like mine!! :D It's really odd but wonderful.

And while I'm on the subject and while Kylie's here on the board :giggle2: Kylie you're awesome!

And Claire! So are you :giggle2:

*stopping all babble now*

Bless you .. you've quite gone haven't you? :giggle2: Nothing you wrote though is odd .. overlooking the humples that is :D I'm quite jealous as have only a lemonade to keep me company and even my imagination can't stretch that far.

You are my literary soulmate too :friends3: and absolutely awesome.

And yes of course .. so are Kylie and Claire :D 

Don't worry poppyshake, your humple servant is back, safe and sound... Has been for a while but was sleeping :D I didn't have time to read all your replies yesterday, so I've just read through them and have been in giggle mode :D A bit too disorganized to start the 'quoting quote hell' today, so will do that another day :giggle2:

:o I'm not one to tell tales but ... *whispers* .. he only read one book last year :o 

Was that the Vincent Van Gogh book? Because if it is, then he probably read more in that one book than I did in the entire year!

I wouldn't want you to think it's all 'Waltons' here or anything .. this afternoon he said 'I'm going into the kitchen where I can't hear you' :o  :giggle2: 

Haha! I think you and Alan are the height of awesomeness. :D

Oh .. is Coelho bad? ..

Yes. He is very, very bad.

It would be very odd if he did join .. I mean .. would I speak to him? .. on the forum. Why wouldn't I just yell out across the room? :D

I remember when Frankie was visiting and she'd post some stuff on the forum and then I'd be reading about it and replying afterwards. It was weird being in the same house and still chatting to each other on the forum! I mean, we weren't PMing each other, but we were responding to each other on threads!

My partner and I went away for a weekend once and at one point we were both sitting in the hotel room using Facebook. I think he was posting about our evening and I was 'liking' it. The situation struck me as so ridiculous that I inboxed him on Facebook to tell him so. He got the message and we put our stuff away. :D

This last page of posts has been a real hoot -- :giggle2:  :D 

Ahh another awesome friend :friends0: .. but then everyone is awesome here .. I wouldn't let just any old riff-raff in :D

Glad it cheered you up Julie :) 

Don't worry poppyshake, your humple servant is back, safe and sound... Has been for a while but was sleeping :D I didn't have time to read all your replies yesterday, so I've just read through them and have been in giggle mode :D A bit too disorganized to start the 'quoting quote hell' today, so will do that another day :giggle2:

Am very relieved :friends0: Haha .. we had a good old natter yesterday and most of it was about books so on-topic too :)

Was that the Vincent Van Gogh book? Because if it is, then he probably read more in that one book than I did in the entire year!

No .. though that was the book that stopped him in his tracks I think because he read his one book (and I think it was the dreaded Carter Beats the Devil which he is constantly nagging me about .. and it's not fair because I do the nagging :D) and then started the book about Vincent but only got about a third of the way .. and then I helped him finish it this year. This year he's read Rivers of London, Moon Over Soho, This Life (totally out of order .. it's my book and I haven't read it yet) The Night Circus (which he totally raves about .. worse than me I mean  :D), Alone in Berlin, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and most of The Sisters Brothers .. also he's part way through Ella Minnow Pea and will definitely get to Whispers Underground before I do. So that's not shabby at all :)  

Haha! I think you and Alan are the height of awesomeness. :D

Well thank you dear Kylie :friends0:  I must admit though .. when I think of the word 'awesomeness' .. me and Alan don't come to mind :giggle2:

Wow...what a mega read that was you two.... :giggle2: ...what blethers you are.

:giggle2: yes we were blethering away .. suddenly I looked at the clock and it was 12.38am :o and I swear I sat down to answer frankie's first post at 8.30pm :blush2: .. oops :D    

:giggle2: yes we were blethering away .. suddenly I looked at the clock and it was 12.38am :o and I swear I sat down to answer frankie's first post at 8.30pm :blush2: .. oops :D    

Oh dear  :D I hope you didn't have anything more important to do, I'm so sorry to have kept you occupied for so long :blush::lol:

Yes. He is very, very bad.

Oh that's two black marks against him .. and very well respected black marks they are too so I'm totally crossing him off my TBR (it strikes me now that I have read him once .. I struggled through Veronika Decide's To Die .. and I won't say that I nearly decided to die rather than carry on reading it but .. I wasn't happy :D)

I remember when Frankie was visiting and she'd post some stuff on the forum and then I'd be reading about it and replying afterwards. It was weird being in the same house and still chatting to each other on the forum! I mean, we weren't PMing each other, but we were responding to each other on threads!

My partner and I went away for a weekend once and at one point we were both sitting in the hotel room using Facebook. I think he was posting about our evening and I was 'liking' it. The situation struck me as so ridiculous that I inboxed him on Facebook to tell him so. He got the message and we put our stuff away. :D

:giggle2: Alan and I have done similar things on Facebook .. it sucks you in that way (but you're right .. the madness of it suddenly hits home and you wonder what on earth's going on :D)  It was nice for the rest of us that you and frankie continued to respond to each other's comments on the forum because we would have missed you extra much otherwise :friends0:  

Oh dear  :D I hope you didn't have anything more important to do, I'm so sorry to have kept you occupied for so long :blush::lol:

You didn't my darling .. to be honest it was the quotes .. I got all muddled like I'd been tied up in string .. they were changing colour on me and doing all sorts of weird things .. and often I'd do one backspace too many and lose the lot :D I had nothing better to do anyway .. indeed I can't think of anything better :) (Alan was out ;))

^ Pretty, and quite oddly something you might enjoy! How about that :D

I'm in a bit of a hurry, I'm leaving for Nurmes in a while, only came here to finally do the updating of wishlist (I wrote all the titles down on a piece of paper on Friday, and left the actual updating for later) and I have to say that What Katy Did wasn't already on wishlist, it was only in some of my reading challenge lists :D Also, I hadn't added The Girl Who Circumnavigated The Long Title of the Book yet, I had some other book with a Girl Who Did Something so I got those two mixed up :D So, I added 15 titles to wishlist, thanks to you, Kay, and not 13 like I said in my previous posts :lol:

Have a great Sunday :)

So, I added 15 titles to wishlist, thanks to you, Kay, and not 13 like I said in my previous posts :lol:

Good .. I am doing my job efficiently, which is a first :D

Hope you're having a good Sunday xx I'm going to have some wine soon, so writing a few sensible words down while I still can :D

Good .. I am doing my job efficiently, which is a first  :D

Hope you're having a good Sunday xx I'm going to have some wine soon, so writing a few sensible words down while I still can :D

Are you having a piece of good humple pie with that? :D