Frankie reads 2013

frankie

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love that after all those challenges and lists of books, you've still got more ideas for future reading!

I don't know why but I keep coming up with stuff I want to look into! :blush: I was in bed this morning, realising that as I'm now 31, I have lived one third of my life (if I were to live to past 90yo). If I read 80 books a year on average, but won't manage to reduce TBR more than with 10 titles per year... And keep on buying as much as I have in the past... *crunching numbers* well let's just say, I'm in big trouble! And please don't laugh Claire, I know you are good with numbers and could do those calculations at the drop of a hat :giggle2:

to admit, I'd be a bit daunted by yours or Kylie's TBR, but you seem to have it all under control, so well done for that

I'm sometimes daunted by my TBR as well, and I get breathless just reading Kylie's. Although I have a huge admiration for her library (it's better than one I've visited in Helsinki!), I don't ever wish to go over 1,000 TBR. I don't want to go past 600!

Happy 2013 reading, frankie!

Thanks Claire, I hope you have a brilliant reading year, too! :friends3:

Happy Reading 2013 Frankie

Thanks, I hope you have the most amazing reading year in 2013, too! :friends3:

That is some organising you've done. I love it, although I'm quite glad my TBR pile is significantly smaller. Reading your lists is almost a book in itself

I have to say, when I look at the first pages of my 2008 and 2009 reading logs, it was so simple back then :D I'm jealous of those effortless lists and at the same time I'm thinking, I had no direction back then!

Frankie i love your lists so much, happy reading

Thanks Laura, the list admiring feeling is very mutual :D I hope you have a great year in 2013!

Yours is one of the blogs I seem to visit most often, frankie! Happy reading in 2013. x

Fes up, you only want to see my amazing horse that tastes just like raisins :lol: I hope you have a great reading year in 2013, too, and maybe the horse will show up at some point, too :friends3:

~

My internet connection's been down since Sunday afternoon and I feel like I'm so behind on things. But now I realise this is not the thread where to discuss this, I should go back to last year's log and start writing them reviews...

(I googled 'crazy Finnish person' and found this. No, kuunteletkos paljon metallimusaa?)

After reading that I googled "crazy Finnish person" too but our google must throw up different things- for instance I seemed to get a lot along the lines of "Meet Ukranian girls free" ?? (Why? Are they being offered as less crazy than the average Finish girl?)) but I did find one interesting website about the history of the population. It was fascinating to read about the Saami people and also I did not know that Rom (Roma) people had been in Finland since the 16th century.

Edited by vodkafan

After reading that I googled "crazy Finnish person" too but our google must throw up different things- for instance I seemed to get a lot along the lines of "Meet Ukranian girls free" ??

Google does tend to adapt its results based on your previous searches . . .

:giggle2:;)

After reading that I googled "crazy Finnish person" too but our google must throw up different things- for instance I seemed to get a lot along the lines of "Meet Ukranian girls free" ?? (Why? Are they being offered as less crazy than the average Finish girl?)) but I did find one interesting website about the history of the population. It was fascinating to read about the Saami people and also I did not know that Rom (Roma) people had been in Finland since the 16th century.

Google does tend to adapt its results based on your previous searches . . .

:giggle2:;)

Ooooh....! :o Yep, no Ukranian girls for free for poor old frankie! I mostly got some odd Finnish youtube vids. Glad you enjoyed reading about the history of the population over here, James :D Not many would read through it, I'm sure. The Romani people in Finland are quite different from the Romani in Ireland or was it UK... I watched a documentary on the Irish Romani some time ago and I got the idea that they traveled a lot more and only came back to certain places for a short period of time? In the document they threw these huge, expensive fancy parties with amazing costumes. Over here the Romani do not travel around like that, at least as far as I know.

Ooooh....! :o Yep, no Ukranian girls for free for poor old frankie!

I got men eating liquorice .. which I didn't think was a crazy pursuit, perhaps I ought not to look into it though. Yep James .. we have sussed out your Google preferences :D

Love your lists frankie, so thorough and interesting. I'm not bold enough with mine, I'm frightened of frightening myself off :D

As always I will be, almost unhealthily, following your bookblog. I do believe that you once said I was welcome so it can't be considered stalking .. can it? I have actually stopped licking other people's books now so my nuisance factor has been reduced :D

:balloons: :balloons: :cows: Happy Reading in 2013 My Finnish Lovely! :cows::balloons: :balloons:

I was in bed this morning, realising that as I'm now 31, I have lived one third of my life (if I were to live to past 90yo). If I read 80 books a year on average, but won't manage to reduce TBR more than with 10 titles per year... And keep on buying as much as I have in the past... *crunching numbers* well let's just say, I'm in big trouble!

Oh no, I think about things like that as well, but I try not to dwell on it too long or I'd be quite depressed. :giggle: I try to tell myself that when I retire (in 30 odd years :censored: ) I'll have more time to read, but at the rate I buy them....well it's still not looking good. :giggle:

I'm sometimes daunted by my TBR as well, and I get breathless just reading Kylie's. Although I have a huge admiration for her library (it's better than one I've visited in Helsinki!), I don't ever wish to go over 1,000 TBR. I don't want to go past 600!

I have been getting breathless just typing mine up! I keep having to go and check on things and move books around to re-categorise them. I didn't realise I was so unorganised.

I am in awe of your lists and will comment in appropriate detail a bit later. :)

After seeing your lists, I concur with all crazy Finnish remarks!

So you concur with all the usual remarks I make?

:giggle2: (I daren't think what you could've meant if not that!)

I got men eating liquorice .. which I didn't think was a crazy pursuit, perhaps I ought not to look into it though. Yep James .. we have sussed out your Google preferences

Do you still think the salty liquorice is okay, and have you eaten it all? Be very careful what you say, if you continue agreeing it was good, I might send you more, of some other variety, taking it up a notch :giggle2: We have some really hot hot salmiakki candy as well! I might actually insist on a webcam connection when you try Turkin pippurit, aka Turkish pepper! Heheeh!

Love your lists frankie, so thorough and interesting. I'm not bold enough with mine, I'm frightened of frightening myself off :D

As always I will be, almost unhealthily, following your bookblog. I do believe that you once said I was welcome so it can't be considered stalking .. can it? I have actually stopped licking other people's books now so my nuisance factor has been reduced Happy Reading in 2013 My Finnish Lovely!

Thanks poppyshake! I'm determined to make some real effort with some of my reading challenges this year, and I'm also going to reduce mount TBR at least somewhat. I'll try and go without buying books as long as I can... I've lasted 11 days already! :D

Stalk away, missy, you are very welcome!

Oh no, I think about things like that as well, but I try not to dwell on it too long or I'd be quite depressed. I try to tell myself that when I retire (in 30 odd years) I'll have more time to read, but at the rate I buy them....well it's still not looking good.

I hope we can keep each other's minds otherwise occupied, so we won't fall into depression too hard! Let's try and encourage each other to read read read, and not worry worry worry :)

Rumbled! :giggle2:

:D I don't actually know what that means in this context, but I laughed anyways!

I have been getting breathless just typing mine up! I keep having to go and check on things and move books around to re-categorise them. I didn't realise I was so unorganised.

I can't believe you went so long without writing down your new purchases and cataloguing books. It would drive me crazy if I knew I had a hella load of books and didn't have them written down somewhere.

I am in awe of your lists and will comment in appropriate detail a bit later. :)

Hehe, the feeling's mutual! You have been a source of inspiration to me since 2008 in the way you always set up your lists, and like you know, the quick reference links are the latest addition to my log which I've totally stolen from you :giggle2:

:D I don't actually know what that means in this context, but I laughed anyways!

Oooops, your English is so good that I sometimes forget you're a crazy Finn! :D Rumbled is slang/colloquial language - it means... caught out, sussed (although I guess sussed is slang too! :giggle2: ). :)

Oooops, your English is so good that I sometimes forget you're a crazy Finn! :D Rumbled is slang/colloquial language - it means... caught out, sussed (although I guess sussed is slang too! :giggle2: ). :)

Ah, okay :D I'll have to remember that, always a good thing to learn new expressions!

Dear lord this 'crazy Finn' thing is catching on... :D And yet I've done nothing to deserve it... :drama:

:giggle2:

I can't believe you went so long without writing down your new purchases and cataloguing books. It would drive me crazy if I knew I had a hella load of books and didn't have them written down somewhere.

I can't believe it either. I guess I was just so busy with work. I wrote down my purchases throughout my thread but didn't keep my official lists updated. I still have to work out how many books I actually acquired last year (not looking forward to seeing that number...)

Hehe, the feeling's mutual! You have been a source of inspiration to me since 2008 in the way you always set up your lists, and like you know, the quick reference links are the latest addition to my log which I've totally stolen from you :giggle2:

Aww! :friends3:

Steal away!

Dear lord this 'crazy Finn' thing is catching on... :D And yet I've done nothing to deserve it... :drama:

*snorts with laughter* Yeah, you've done nothing to deserve it. /sarcasm :giggle:

I can't believe it either. I guess I was just so busy with work. I wrote down my purchases throughout my thread but didn't keep my official lists updated. I still have to work out how many books I actually acquired last year (not looking forward to seeing that number...)

I hope you will try and be a good girl this year and get the books written down and catalogued and sorted within a week of their arrival :yes: You be a good girl now, you hear?

Oh and if we're talking numbers... Maybe 477? :giggle:

*snorts with laughter* Yeah, you've done nothing to deserve it. /sarcasm :giggle:

Fine, you might have some first-hand information of the true nature of moi, but they don't, and they don't need to know what you know! So keep it under the lid, okay?

No, come on, Kylie - spill the beans! :lol:

Nooo, don't do it Kylie! :o

Now, what was the magic spell Harry used when he wanted someone to forget about certain past events.... And do I suppose I could become a wizard in the next few hours, and does Kylie have to be in the same room, town, oh heck, even country with me for it to work? I don't know if I can 'magicize' her when she's on the other side of the world.... :rolleyes:

A post in Kylie's thread has given me an idea....

A Dog And Its Author (or the other way around...) #1

post-4458-0-02850500-1358260109_thumb.jpg

(the idea is that I post pics of my favorite authors (and maybe some others) and their dogs. to have more doggy pics on the thread to keep it more inviting in my own eyes :D)

I can't see the image, frankie. :(

When I was editing the post I got a line saying 'posted image' and there was no show of the pic, so I figured this might happen! :( But I don't know why that happens? I can see the picture just fine now, on the post, when I edited again earlier and added the image :shrug: