ashleighjane's reading list 2013

ashleighjane

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Happiness Key by Emilie Richards - 4/5

Happiness Key tells the stories of four unlikely friends who all share a common goal. They are all working together to find the family of an elderly neighbor, Herb Krause, who has died. Although this is the main story line, each of the four main character's own personal lives are implemented into the plot.

Although it didn't come to me whilst I was reading book, it did occur to me afterwards that this book is almost a novelization of Desperate Housewives. Although the storyline is different, the setting and atmosphere of the book is very similar to the late television show.

Strangely, part of me thinks that Happpiness Key is a terrible book. It is very predictable and was quite boring in some parts.

However, at the same time I've learned to love the four main characters and care about what happens to them (especially Alice

who is a victim of elder abuse

).

Overall, despite its length, Happiness Key is an easy read that has characters that grew on me. I've decided to see it as a guilty pleasure. I definitely plan to read the rest of the trilogy, even though the first book works well as a stand alone.

I gave Happiness Key a score of 4/5 :)

• 2 months later...

Hmm....well I've deviated from my list a little and am currently reading Kiss the Girls (James Patterson). Hopefully I'll stop being lazy soon and keep my reading list/blog more up to date! :P

• 3 weeks later...