Greetings from a sunny island!

clockwork frog

Hello. Newbie here, etc., etc. This forum looks like fun and I look forward to contributing and chatting to you all.

I have lived in Cyprus for 5 years having moved over from the UK and get many vivitors who bring and leave books here, so no shortage of reading material of all types which is good. We live two minutes from the beach which is a great place to read and I also enjoy sitting in the garden in the warm evenings, once my young son has gone to bed, with a good book and a glass of wine. I enjoy most types of reading and have a fairly extensive library to choose from (having collected books for many years) and am going through a Stephen Leather phase at the moment. My favorite writers are Stephen Fry, Tony Parsons and Jerome K. Jerome. I also do a bit of part time writing for a couple of local magazines but not to a perticularly high standard!

Regards,

Lee.

Hi Lee,

I'm Gyre, its lovely to meet you. You will find we are quite a varied bunch here, loads of different discussions going, which I am sure you will enjoy.

I really like Tony Parsons, such a great writer, its gets the ups and downs of life across so well.

Welcome to the board and happy reading. :)

:lol:

Hello and :lol: to the forum, Clockwork Frog! I hope you'll enjoy it here. As you'll probably find out soon enough, we have members from all over the world here, but I think you're the first in Cyprus (if I'm wrong, please, someone correct me!). I look forward to chatting books with you. :)

Hello and welcome.

Was it Stephen Leather that wrote The Bomb maker? I have a very poor memory! Anyway if it was it was very good, I enjoyed it, even if it wasnt one of Steven Leathers I still enjoyed it!!!:lol:

Oh my ... tell us more about your writing!

and .................welcome to the forum. :sleeping-smiley-009

Not much to tell really. I write occasionally for a couple of lifestyle/general interest magazines. I am currently working on two pieces, the first is a brief geological history of Cyprus, the deadline for which was yesterday....(I'll plead that the research is taking longer than I expected:blush: ) and the other is a longer article about the growth of mountain biking here on the island. I have also written a few radio adds.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes.

Ha Ha... I know what you mean, the only way to cool off here in the summer is to pop down to the beach and sit under the shade of a palm tree!! I dont swim in the sea though...I have a little paddle. People dont seem to realise how difficult it is living in the sun!!!:sleeping-smiley-009