Devi's Mount TBR List 2014

Devi

Just a quick drop by, figting a cold at the moment (had it for about three weeks now), but I am still reading here and there. Currently just halfway through The Magicians End by Raymond E Feist, and started what I call a dipper - a book you can read here and there because its all short stories. Its Wasteland: stories of the apocalypse and the first short story was by Stephen King.

Oh and great, exciting news! Two of my close friends recently got engaged, and I was asked to be a bridesmaid! :D

So i am doubly excited, both for them and me, I have never been a bridesmaid before.

Edited by Devi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ooh, lovely ! Do you get to choose the dress ? :smile:

Yep! Me and her other bridesmaid can wear different dresses too, she is pretty relaxed. The only rule is they have to match in colour.

I hope you feel better soon, Devi :friends0:! I wish you lots of fun being a bridesmaid :). How soon is the wedding?

They are aiming for mid november next year, spring going into summer. They want an outdoor wedding, but plan to have a back up in case the weather goes bad,

I am 69 pages away from the very last book of a series I began reading 9 years ago. I am both sad and excited to read these last pages, but first, sleep!

Book: Magicians End

Author: Raymond E Feist

Well I finished Magicians End last night. Will write up my thoughts later, but I was pretty happy with how it all ended.

Even though I have five reads on the go at the moment, and should probably finish at least two of them, I really want to start a new book! :giggle2:

Look forward to reading your review of Magicians End. :) I think I'm going to start reading/re-reading Feist from the beginning next year, so I'm glad to hear it all ends well!

Look forward to hearing more about your lovely dress too. :D

We are looking at three so far, planning on visiting the store at some point. We are waiting to see the style of wedding dress she wants to go for, see what will look better. Going to buy a shawl for whichever dress I get, I have scars to hide lol.

I love this one

89eac606bb48f535aebf12d74d3f218a_zpsf825

and this one

66b79d6fd2637bfc5e244f3b18369614_zpscb18

and this one

c5b2731e025d751292554ff148ca3c1c_zpse2aa

Edited by Devi

Devi, all those dresses are beautiful!! I'm sure you'll look amazing :). It's a great colour.

Look forward to reading your review of Magicians End.  :) I think I'm going to start reading/re-reading Feist from the beginning next year, so I'm glad to hear it all ends well!

You have decided already what you'll be reading next year? Wow :).

Oh!  They are all beautiful, no doubt about it. :D

Gorgeous color too. 

Which one do you like best?

I really love the first dress! I also would be happy with the second one. Third one is okay, I think the style screams more like a dinner party or guest to me rather than a bridesmaid gown.

I also finished The Dirt - Motley crue this afternoon, so thats two books knocked off my pile of five!

I really love the first dress! I also would be happy with the second one. Third one is okay, I think the style screams more like a dinner party or guest to me rather than a bridesmaid gown.

I didn't want to say it but the first dress is my favourite too. When will you hear which one you get to wear?

I also finished The Dirt - Motley crue this afternoon, so thats two books knocked off my pile of five!

Well done! Did you like it?

Devi, all those dresses are beautiful!! I'm sure you'll look amazing :). It's a great colour.

Ditto!

You have decided already what you'll be reading next year? Wow  :).

I've wanted to read all of Feist's books in order for a long time, as I've only ever read less than half of them, and all in the wrong order. I don't own them all yet, though, so the plan is to ask family/friends to get me the rest of them for my birthday/Christmas, and then I'll be all set to read them next year. :) I'm not usually this organised, though!

The first one is beautiful, and the other two are lovely as well. Purple is such a beautiful colour as well. :wub:

I like the first one too. I love the  ruffles down  the front ! So pretty !

It really stands out, doesn't it? Gorgeous colour, too. :wub:

I've wanted to read all of Feist's books in order for a long time, as I've only ever read less than half of them, and all in the wrong order. I don't own them all yet, though, so the plan is to ask family/friends to get me the rest of them for my birthday/Christmas, and then I'll be all set to read them next year. :) I'm not usually this organised, though!

Sounds good, good luck :)!

Thank you all. :)

If I had the option I would buy and wear all three! :giggle2:

We (me and the other bridesmaid) have been so lucky thus far! The bride is very easy going. We can pick the dress, and wear whatever shoes and jewellery we like :) which is a good thing as I can't wear heals. :blush:

Everyone would be focused on me tripping down the isle the whole way and not the bride! :giggle2:

I have already started looking for shoes, jewellery and shawls for the big day!