Devi's Mount TBR List 2014

Devi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't mind the split narrative if it's done properly. I just find it hard to keep up with who is talking as some chapters are so short. I've decided to keep on reading it.

Bad news, halfway into setting up my library, my boyfriend (who just moved in a week ago) has decided he wants the room now. :( So back into the lounge my books go! Good news is, he is taking some of the furniture into that room, so I will have even more space for more shelves!! I can always go into another room to read like I always have. :)

I will still take photos of my partial library before I move the books (yet) again.

Edited by Devi

Oh no !!!! Get rid of the boyfriend & keep the library :o

Only joking :D That's very nice of you to give up your space Devi.

:giggle2: Well he did say he would buy me a book to make up for it :D (I told him not to worry).

:o He best be worth it!

I did say to him 'you better be worth it!' :giggle2: (jokingly of course).

Edited by Devi

How's The Tenderness of Wolves going now, Devi?

Hope you've been able to get into it a bit more...

It's getting better, seem to be reading it here and there though. It hasn't pulled me in like some other books do. I can say now I will finish it.

:giggle2: Well he did say he would buy me a book to make up for it :D (I told him not to worry).

You told him not to worry?! Crazy woman! :P

I'm sorry you won't have the room for your library, but it will still be a library in the lounge room! And we still want pics please!

You told him not to worry?! Crazy woman! :P

I'm sorry you won't have the room for your library, but it will still be a library in the lounge room! And we still want pics please!

:giggle2: He insisted on buying a book, so I said to let me think about it for a few days. I'm going to pick a book from my most wanted list.

I thought about it today, and I think it would be better if he did have a room to himself for his gaming. I'm just going to be smart about the space I have to use.

A book?? Just one???? :o:giggle2:

You think I should renegotiate? :giggle2:

I bought the other books that I needed to complete the malazan book of the fallen series today! I think I managed to get the same editions for the set too. I really liked the covers.

Edited by Devi

You think I should renegotiate? :giggle2:

Yes!! :lol:

I bought the other books that I needed to complete the malazan book of the fallen series today! I think I managed to get the same editions for the set too. I really liked the covers.

Bloody hell :o And yay!! :D

I'm going to feel bad if you don't like them :hide:

Bloody hell :o And yay!! :D

I'm going to feel bad if you don't like them :hide:

:giggle2: I wont hold you responsible if I don't! :)

My boyfriend wants to read them too, so I can pass them on if I don't. I read a sample of a couple of the books, and liked what I read.

It's getting better, seem to be reading it here and there though. It hasn't pulled me in like some other books do. I can say now I will finish it.

Yay - that you're going to finish it :)

Will look forward to discussing it with your on the reading circle thread.

:giggle2: I wont hold you responsible if I don't! :)

My boyfriend wants to read them too, so I can pass them on if I don't. I read a sample of a couple of the books, and liked what I read.

Well you're in for a unique and challenging journey :cool:

I may re-read them at the same time, depending on when you start :smile:

Yes, I thought the doggy book might appeal to a few here!

I wonder where you got that idea... :blush::giggle2:

I'm sorry you've been struggling with The Tenderness of Wolves! I enjoyed it a lot and it seems that the others who've so far taken part in the RC have, too, but maybe it was just not for you. :empathy: That sometimes happens, maybe it was the timing or maybe it was just not generally your kind of book. You shouldn't worry about it so much, though! :empathy: And don't feel pressured by the reading circle, if you don't feel like getting involved, I fully understand :yes:

Bad news, halfway into setting up my library, my boyfriend (who just moved in a week ago) has decided he wants the room now. So back into the lounge my books go! Good news is, he is taking some of the furniture into that room, so I will have even more space for more shelves!! I can always go into another room to read like I always have.

Oh bloody hell!! I always say, men are nothing but trouble :D

Well he did say he would buy me a book to make up for it (I told him not to worry).

I wouldn't settle for one book only.... :giggle2:

I'm sorry you've been struggling with The Tenderness of Wolves! I enjoyed it a lot and it seems that the others who've so far taken part in the RC have, too, but maybe it was just not for you. :empathy: That sometimes happens, maybe it was the timing or maybe it was just not generally your kind of book. You shouldn't worry about it so much, though! :empathy: And don't feel pressured by the reading circle, if you don't feel like getting involved, I fully understand :yes:

I'm not loving it, but I'm not hating it either, it's improved a lot - I'm about halfway through.

Well you're in for a unique and challenging journey :cool:

I may re-read them at the same time, depending on when you start :smile:

I'n awaiting for the first book to arrive!

I'n awaiting for the first book to arrive!

And you're going to start when it arrives? I might have to re-read them vicariously, then :lol: My plan, at the moment, is to re-read the whole series, including Ian Cameron Esslemont's 'Malazan Empire' books, next year. Assuming I can wait that long. I keep taking them off the shelf and reading bits and pieces from them as it is :giggle2:

You might find this thread interesting - it's people giving their views, good and bad, about the series, so it's quite well balanced :smile:

And you're going to start when it arrives? I might have to re-read them vicariously, then :lol: My plan, at the moment, is to re-read the whole series, including Ian Cameron Esslemont's 'Malazan Empire' books, next year. Assuming I can wait that long. I keep taking them off the shelf and reading bits and pieces from them as it is :giggle2:

You might find this thread interesting - it's people giving their views, good and bad, about the series, so it's quite well balanced :smile:

I'll probably start it not long after it arrives! Did you know Steven Erikson wrote a couple of books under another name before his own one?

Thanks for the link! I'm checking it out as we speak.

I've read Stephen Erikson - Gardens of the Moon many years ago, back when I just started to read fantasy books (when I was a teenager). I found it to be really complicated and didn't enjoy it that much. Maybe now that I'm older I should give it another go!